Viewing 15 posts - 6,076 through 6,090 (of 59,098 total)
I've found that too many people apply too much consensus and not enough test code. It's one of the main problems in a lot of IT shops. There's also the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2020 at 4:46 am
Based on what you said about being able to recover from bad deletes and updates, my recommendation would be to setup the tables for System-Versioned Temporal Tables. That means that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2020 at 4:14 am
Hi Jeff,
I set it to 0, And please, could you answer the other question I asked?
Thanks.
On the above, you might want to check your baseline performance for a couple...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2020 at 4:02 am
Database was 500Gb, 200 GB worth data deleted and then shrink files to reclaim space, backup was taking 2 hours before and still taking same time after database reduced...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2020 at 3:56 am
Yes Anthony,
It was just the MAXDOP set to 2!! Now it's back to working properly.
Also analyzing the differences with the previous server, I noticed that the Full-Text Upgrade Option...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2020 at 8:54 pm
I don't know VBA but, looking up the command, I'm thinking that BCP.EXE using the "query out" option might do it for you (and it's nasty fast). I don't know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Awesome
The question now is... do you know how and why it works?
https://www.google.com/search?dense_rank+sql+server
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2020 at 7:33 pm
Use DENSE_RANK instead of RANK in pietlinden's code.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Deleted data and shrink the data files
Understood as to what you've done. Phil's question is what were the conditions before the shrinks? For example, if your database had a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2020 at 6:57 pm
OK, let me start by answering your questions/concerns:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2020 at 6:36 pm
That's what I'm thinking, as well, but I just didn't want to assume.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 21, 2020 at 11:20 pm
Lordy... why are you using a homegrown temp table version of a cursor to do this? It requires you to materialize the DELETED logical table, has two forms of RBAR...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 21, 2020 at 4:59 pm
I have a question based on the error... do you have Replication running or did you have SET IDENTITY _INSERT ON turned on for a table? It's not easy to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 21, 2020 at 2:31 pm
My apologies, Grant. There's a bit of confusion on my part from your answer. Your article seemed to indicate that PASS was in a bit (probably an understatement) of financial...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 21, 2020 at 2:25 pm
Does that mean that the virtual summit didn't take in as much as was needed, Grant?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 21, 2020 at 4:54 am
Viewing 15 posts - 6,076 through 6,090 (of 59,098 total)