Viewing 15 posts - 5,746 through 5,760 (of 59,098 total)
The "forum etiquette" which Joe refers to can be found at the first link in my signature line below. It will usually help you get a good, coded answer much...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Dear Joe... the Op had nothing to do with the creation of these tables. It's a homework problem. Please track down the instructor and vet on them. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Thank you for your response. That makes sense. But why would Azure Data Studio shows the perfect results but SSMS don't?
Because it has different defaults for returned column size...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Hi Jonathan,
This worked. Thanks a ton.
The question now is... do you know both how and why it works and you're able to fully explain each section of the code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 3:23 pm
Have you checked so see which code is/are doing full table (Clustered Index or Heap) scans? That was our problem a long time ago. We had to fix the code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 3:06 pm
Perhaps it will be a good solution.
Perhaps WHAT "will be a good solution"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 2:58 pm
Hi Jonathan,
This does not give the desired results.
I'm thinking that you need to take a look again...
April Wine had 2 rock albums according to the data you provided as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2021 at 1:42 am
Crud. I missed the (LAST) in the parenthesis on the first graphic he posted. Thanks for the correction, Jeffrey.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 8:04 pm
Hello,
I need help in answering this query. I just cannot get it right. I have attached the tables for reference.
A record company requests the names of all recording artists,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 5:34 pm
Hi all, I have one "heavy" query on my DB. It executes 2400 times per day and I don't know how to optimize it. Do you have any idea?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 4:34 pm
Ah... be careful on the Clustered Index recommendation. While such a recommendation can help a lot of things, especially this particular problem, changing the Clustered Index without understanding the impact...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
I'm thinking the answer is pretty simple... you probably have more than one WorkOrder per invoice and that made a one-to-many join, which creates more rows (essentially, a duplication of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Heh... I should have put a smiley-face after the "you're wrong" part just to make sure other's knew the kind of relationship you and I enjoy (although they may never...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 4:01 pm
I've found that what you're referring to as an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) is usually a travesty even when it comes to functionality, never mind security. This is why "DevOps"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2021 at 2:58 pm
Heh.. and by the same token, blue jeans never seem to go out of fashion. In fact, people have been paying extra for a long time to make their jeans...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 5,746 through 5,760 (of 59,098 total)