Viewing 15 posts - 5,716 through 5,730 (of 59,098 total)
Having a constant lack of faith that things can improve, doesn't seem to be helpful for me.
I would normally agree but the industry has a huge track record of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2021 at 6:18 pm
Requirement : We want to retain latest 1 year data(i.e. 2021) and delete other year's data by deleting 30 days worth data in each iteration. In other words, want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2021 at 6:08 pm
Does the path you listed ( "C:\Users\AS\source\repos\Airport\DataImport\Location.csv") live on your SSIS box or on a different machine?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2021 at 11:40 pm
Although it's been deprecated, it's still available. Try sp_Lock.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2021 at 11:27 pm
Good article and thank you for taking the time to write and publish it.
As a bit of a sidebar, though, I just go to "Source Control" and grab...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Do it. Try it. Get used to it.
Now that's a keeper. You've just described the outcome of most software I've ever seen but it's missing a very important point......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Thanks all for your help with this one. Reading through all your suggestions it looks like using a tally is what'll work for us. The dataset is only about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2021 at 12:10 am
Hopefully, some of the others on this site that are more into the arts and sciences of Data Analysis and Data Science and Business Intelligence will see this post and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 9:09 pm
HaHa, thanks Jeff for the great discussion. Now if I can figure out which groups to join... Dont know of any SQL Saturdays coming up... Where do I go...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 9:06 pm
Jeff: Right on! You describe my situation well!
Ratbak brought up SSIS. Another beef. Wasnt the ultimate for SSIS that the business user could add their business rules in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 8:52 pm
I do use MDX. I have to. They wont switch the SQL Server to listen to SQL!!
I have the books. It is _very_ difficult to write an MDX query...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 8:33 pm
Yeah... totally agreed with that, as well, Patrick. Heh... I was trying to avoid a far bit of outrage on my part about applying such labels and so replied in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Assuming "dates" could only be a number between 1 and 31...
DECLARE @UnitMembership TABLE
(
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 5:44 pm
Gosh... I think I've gone brain dead a bit. I've tried a couple of things and can't just now remember how to do this with either an inline Tally cte...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 5:18 pm
I would think this would be the most straightforward way, although it may not be the most efficient way. But it might work just fine for you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 5,716 through 5,730 (of 59,098 total)