Viewing 15 posts - 56,176 through 56,190 (of 59,098 total)
There are two basic types of medians and, as David McFarland points out, there are several special mods like not counting zeros, dropping the ends, and a whole bunch of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 10:36 pm
David Jackson,
Does the function you posted work as described in the code or is there a problem with it... just trying to figure out where THIS thread is gonna go...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 7:11 pm
David,
Just making sure of a nuance to Banker's Rounding... it implies rounding to the nearest penny (hundreths) no matter how many decimal places may be involved... is that correct? (I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 7:08 pm
Ummmm.... yeah.... I'm going to need you to move your desk to the basement.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:42 pm
No... you didn't miss it... have always wondered why they went from minutes right straight to milliseconds my own self... for that matter, why didn't they just include a programmable...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:34 pm
Heh... thanks for the nice compliment, but I'm just another Homer like everyone else... sometimes I can make things work
... sometimes not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:24 pm
Neat trick, Peter... I've got a couple of places where that's gonna come in handy! ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:22 pm
Adam,
Are you all set have Remi's suggestion or are you still having problems?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:18 pm
THAT's one of the things I like about you, ALZDBA!! Need more folks that can come back and say "Dang, made a mistake". Rare breed indeed ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:16 pm
Oh heck yeah! Sorry Cory... I forgot about that!
I remembered the fax but forgot the message ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 5:05 pm
ISFA = "In So Far As" if that's what you meant by "WTF does that mean?"... or did you have a different question, Cory?
Dunno where you came up with "PC...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 7:22 am
Any chance that table 2 could have new rows in it that aren't in table 1, yet?
Heh... using a tool like Query Builder is great for certain tasks... but, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 6:55 am
Everytime I think of any type of rounding ISFA money is concerned, I keep thinking of that wonderfully silly movie called "Office Space"... if you haven't seen it, go rent...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 6:43 am
Adam...
What do you want to happen if the amount of data exceeds the VARCHAR(250) column you've outlined?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 6:38 am
Simply stated... YES... that's exactly the way to do it. As Serqiy pointed out, there are some performance issues that will resolve AND there are other benefits down the line, as well.
There are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2007 at 6:35 am
Viewing 15 posts - 56,176 through 56,190 (of 59,098 total)