Viewing 15 posts - 55,981 through 55,995 (of 59,098 total)
First, very high congratulations on establishing full control of the production system.
So far as using an unattended system to install the procs in the production system goes... I wouldn't do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 10:30 pm
All good ideas... Thanks, Carl!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 4:46 pm
Shhhhh! My ol' friend Serqiy will hear you!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 3:23 pm
Thanks Carl,
Yeap... the thing about the proxy needing to be available is pretty much what books online said... thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 3:18 pm
Heh... Maintenance plan? What's that?
Doesn't everyone know that a database is just a place to hold data for the GUI? 
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 9:13 am
Heh, thanks Michaela,
I don't mind explaining at all... Some folks really take things the wrong way when asked for the source of what they said and I wanted to make sure no one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 8:54 am
Thanks again... I'll check that SET command. Jobs also look promising if I set up a "proxy" account (lucky guess on my previous post). Here's what BOL says about running...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 12:48 am
Oh shoot... why didn't I think of this before?
I can setup a "job" to run as a user that has "SA" privs...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 12:31 am
Heh... I'd have to say they just did it out of ignorance or the path is hardcoded in the installation routine (whatever that may have been), Bill. I've seen your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 12:24 am
Thanks, Sugesh...
Wow... not sure I want to grant exec privs to xp_CmdShell... almost as bad as giving them "SA" privs in the damage they could do. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2007 at 12:20 am
Small shop? In that case and having been there myself... you'll be amazed at how many good bites you get with the seemingly silly "DBA and Jack of all trades"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2007 at 9:27 pm
Try it through Enterprise Manager and make sure you select to option to move the pages to the beginning of the file before a shrink is attempted.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2007 at 9:18 pm
Michael,
SQL is not SQL... Access has a slightly different set of commands, clauses, and features... you might want to try posting on the Access forum... or, at least give someone...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2007 at 9:16 pm
Sorry about that... the other code had a problem when the two strings were different lengths (doh!)... I fixed the function code above...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2007 at 9:09 pm
Ah crud... I've got a fly in the ointment... didn't test the majority of possibilities... I'll be back...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2007 at 8:56 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,981 through 55,995 (of 59,098 total)