Viewing 15 posts - 55,891 through 55,905 (of 59,098 total)
Bill,
I absolutely agree with writing consistant code and some of the methods to make the code consistant and easy. My only problems with such a UDF are (putting aside speed for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 9, 2007 at 6:32 am
Not quite what I was after, Peter. Sorry I wasn't clear... was looking to compare the dates in two tables for rows having occurred on the same day.
Serqiy reminded me...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 9, 2007 at 6:18 am
You must remember that issue with implicit conversion of 0 to date which made that function nondeterministic. |
THAT's what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 9, 2007 at 6:12 am
Now... THAT would be quite the trick... anyone know a way to get "date only" and still be able to use an Index SEEK? ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 8, 2007 at 8:39 pm
Dang... sorry Peter... I keep forgetting to post the results...
===== DateDiff/DateAdd method ======
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 8, 2007 at 7:50 pm
You may want to reconsider, Bill... or not
"It Depends" ... ![]()
CREATE FUNCTION dbo.fnDateOnly
/***********************************************************
Purpose:
This function...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 8, 2007 at 2:14 pm
Nicely done, Peter... not sure where my post went (must've done the timeout thing
), but I was going to say that your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 8, 2007 at 9:32 am
How do you define "First and Last record"?
If not by date (Dates are not in any particular order according to you), then by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 8, 2007 at 8:46 am
I'm thinking that SQL Server 2k8 kicks some serious butt! ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2007 at 12:29 pm
Dang, Peter... you must be working on a really nice box... my poor ol' 1.8Ghz home computer SQL 2k Developer's Edition just didn't do that well... and your's does much better...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2007 at 9:36 am
A bit confused by your original post... what do the two tables contain? One table for FirstNames and one table for LastNames? Or one table for Male and another for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2007 at 9:26 am
I think these were part of the exercises... haven't tested all the methods for which way they round mostly because some aren't worth the effort... the following code is a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2007 at 10:19 pm
There's actually 2 nearly identical threads for the same thing by the same participants... I'm truly amazed... not in a good way, either. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2007 at 10:03 pm
Thought about that, Ronald... that, I believe, would allow the Operators to run xp_CmdShell anytime they wanted and that's not a good thing... 'course, I could be wrong especially since I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2007 at 9:52 pm
Outstanding Ram! Welcome to the U.S.A!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2007 at 8:24 am
Viewing 15 posts - 55,891 through 55,905 (of 59,098 total)