Viewing 15 posts - 55,591 through 55,605 (of 59,098 total)
This looks a lot like homework or an interview question... please post what you've tried and we'll go from there.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 8:27 pm
PLEASE! If you want help, post the offending query that gave you the error! ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 8:25 pm
Good lord, NO!!!!
Vamshi, I know you're kinda new at this, but holy mackeral this is bad! And, if you didn't write it,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 8:15 pm
Just an FYI...Don't forget the other difference... UNIQUE key allows 1 NULL as a value... Primary Key won't.
And, you can also build a PK without it being clustered, although there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 7:47 pm
Anthony... it's bad form on this forum to post the same question more than once... ticks people off. Go to your other thread and read what I posted.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 7:31 pm
I believe it uses the TAB delimiter for Excel spreadsheets...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 7:30 pm
We had several procs with such lineage... the problem was that the main routine (forgive me for calling it that) had the BEGIN TRANS in it making for a very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 7:27 pm
Heh... first, your not auditing changes, you auditing the insertion of new data. If you want to audit changed, then you need to make the triggier FOR UPDATE, instead.
I've seen...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 7:10 pm
Use your sample table... I just created my own and posted so other folks could see what's going on.
If that's not what you meant, you need to explain to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 6:45 pm
Hell, I know that DC... I'm not the kind of person who will go for a 10 second run when the current run is only taking 30 seconds on a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 8:18 am
To continue the analogy...
You have a small leak in a pipe that you noticed and you call the plumber. He shows up in a well used but very clean truck. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 8:14 am
Cool... someone actually does read these
Thanks for the nice feedback, SDM.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2007 at 7:31 am
Alright... first, I hate "Adjacency Models"... they're relatively slow and I hate recalculating things every time I want to look something up. Second, product tables don't change that often so...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 31, 2007 at 10:01 pm
The neat think about counting Pennies is that the Dollars take care of themselves
Add the following to the end of my script...
--Jeff Moden Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to Post Performance Problems
Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
July 31, 2007 at 9:09 pm
Case in point... I'm sure they thought it was pragmatic to do so, at the time...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=8&messageid=386825
... their batch job jumped from 16-20 hours to more than 70... and they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 31, 2007 at 8:51 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,591 through 55,605 (of 59,098 total)