Viewing 15 posts - 55,561 through 55,575 (of 59,098 total)
And, what is the Primary Key of the table?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2007 at 4:50 pm
For the code example given, there is absolutely no reason to force an index... it does nothing for the code.
And, I agree, 16 column PK???? CLUSTERED??? So much for speedy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2007 at 4:50 pm
So why did one of the BBB rows go away? BBB only had two rows...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2007 at 4:44 pm
... and, just to be on the safe side, you should enclose the server instance name in double quotes because of the special characters it contains.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2007 at 7:54 am
'sqlcmd -E -dWatauga_Test -SNV-DEVSQL1\DAPHNE -Q"exec SP_GENERATE_INSERTS '+@TAB_NAME+'" >>c:\myTable.sql'
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2007 at 7:51 am
Or could it simply be the special characters in the instance name that should be quoted? ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2007 at 7:31 am
LOL... I know what you mean... probably a really bad habit but the only time I normally use the ANSI "Join" statements is when an outer join is present. --Jeff Moden Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to Post Performance Problems
Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
August 3, 2007 at 7:21 am
Yeowch! When you jab someone in the eye with a sharp stick, you should at least tell them why ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 6:43 pm
Guess it does help to click on the Author's name and see previous posts... especially if you remember something similar. Thanks for identifying the dead horse, Phil. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 6:30 pm
Sam, I think step 1 would be to post you question in the Access forum. Lots of us just don't go anywhere near Access and, as you know, the solutions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 6:20 pm
Heh... I try to write "Fine" solutions because I've had "Mo-den-enough" with the ones that aren't
Thanks for the great compliment, Steve!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 6:15 pm
Heh... although they both have the same execution plan, I'm not sure why you wrote it as a Cross-Join that works like an Inner Join... why not just write it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 6:10 pm
Yep...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 5:17 pm
Doh!
My bad... made an assumption
Thanks for the feedback. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 5:15 pm
LOL... I just knew I liked you for more than the code you write
I'm getting soft in my old age and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2007 at 5:13 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,561 through 55,575 (of 59,098 total)