Viewing 15 posts - 54,781 through 54,795 (of 59,098 total)
Just a little warning... you are using an undocumented behaviour and a SP could belly up your project.
Ummm... what undocumented behaviour?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 5:47 pm
Bob Fazio (10/2/2007)
in 210 seconds. I am going to see if I can get this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 5:46 pm
TheSQLGuru (10/2/2007)
Good proof that index maintenance really DOES have a price! I like the update mechanism you used too Jeff.
Thank you much!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 5:43 pm
p.s. If you think a Group By would be better, all I can say is "try it"... I think you'll be surprised at how bad it is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 7:49 am
. How many internal rows will be generated by the following query (assuming the original 830 rows provided by Microsoft)? (Easy to do... run it with Execution Plan turned on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 7:45 am
Oh, by the way, Gail... we had emailed back an forth a couple of times on examples when the Estimated Execution plans lies like a rug... the Northwind example I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 6:44 am
Heh... correct on both problems...
English skills on the part of the people I interviewed was not the problem, though. When you draw 1416 on a white board and say...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 6:39 am
Nah... we'd loose the audiance between comebacks just like we did on this one 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 6:22 am
Heh, yeah... the key was the @Dummy variable in this case. Needed it to get by the mix of columns and variables because the value wasn't necessary. The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 6:20 am
Show me why the space calculations are wrong or why any calculation can justify the unnecessary space wasted and unnecessary performance hit of auditing inserts.
And, although you said...
"Trying to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 12:41 am
Heh... maybe... it did turn our shining carriage into a pumkin...:D
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 12:21 am
Heh... no... not real painful 😀 Let me explain...
Let's say you have a table that looks like this...
--===== Create and populate a 1,000,000 row test table.
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2007 at 12:17 am
Heh... those are fun but I like the real-life questions that teach why or why not to do something... for example...
1. How many internal rows will be generated by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2007 at 10:27 pm
GilaMonster (9/30/2007)
Jeff Moden (9/29/2007)
I can't tell you the number of folks I've interviewed who have Masters or PHDs in mathematics that couldn't tell me what bit will be set by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2007 at 10:12 pm
What if I just want to delete orphaned users in sysusers and i enabled the "allow updates" then disabled it after deleting the orphaned user?Am I doing a very risky...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 1, 2007 at 8:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,781 through 54,795 (of 59,098 total)