Viewing 15 posts - 53,986 through 54,000 (of 59,098 total)
-- No cursors please
/rockmoose
You must unlearn what You have learnt
Rockmoose! You ol' dog! Where in the heck have you been? How funny... I quoted your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2007 at 10:10 am
Heh... speaking of "tea"... I once had a friend from the UK who thought folks in the US where a bit odd... here's his quote...
"I guess I don't understand Americans......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2007 at 9:22 am
I wonder if MS made the mistake of doing the rounding on the new display? What does the code for the problem come up with for an answer on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2007 at 9:16 am
In my book you should be getting 00.0000000000000000000000000000001 which is 1.0E-31. Anything else is a lie.
Yes... I agree... in DECIMAL math, you would be absolutely correct. But FLOAT does...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2007 at 8:51 am
No, no... (just making sure)... I said you "could" use a cursor... it wasn't a recommendation. 😀
Perhaps an example of the type of validation I'm talking about is required...
So...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 10:12 pm
Moreover you are newbie to this site.
Ummmm... that's a bit arrogant on your part... you're a bit of a newbie yourself and, so far, I've not seen you answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 10:07 pm
To add to that... sp_help.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 10:01 pm
Yes... pretty much all of that and more... for example, you'll never see me use a While Loop to create a list of contiguous dates... I'll always use a Tally...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 9:53 pm
But when I'v used this method, the result of the select * query was unexploitable like the result can appear in a cmd window.
Sure, I can help... but I don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 5:22 pm
Now, those sound like some pretty strange places... Senior Sybase DBA with 0 days experience... they must have had a death wish. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 5:19 pm
Randy,
There's just a huge number of options because you don't have any triggers. For example, IF you're staging table contained ALL the customers (including ones that are no longer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 5:14 pm
Output from a stored procedure does not have a PK Constraint and cannot be indexed unless first materialized as a table. So, it depends...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 4:32 pm
Yep... you're right... database sure can't do any of that And, I'm sure that the VB program does it with much more speed...
Everyone does realize that my statement...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 4:22 pm
I wish I knew enough about replication to help you out of the pickle you're in...
Thanks for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 4:19 pm
Then, you're probably going to be ok...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2007 at 4:15 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 53,986 through 54,000 (of 59,098 total)