Viewing 15 posts - 53,896 through 53,910 (of 59,098 total)
My real purpose here is to determine if there really is a performance advantage to not allowing nulls, as I was told, or if our lead designer is blowing smoke...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 9:56 am
majorbloodnock (11/28/2007)
Jeff Moden (11/28/2007)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 8:47 am
In a trigger? It'll only work within the trigger... trigger is at a different scope... you may want to try @@IDENTITY if you're interested in the last ID that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 8:32 am
Ananth (11/27/2007)
Jeff,I got the solution. ....
Thanks.
Thanks, Ananth... Just curious, though... did the solution you get have a "<=" anywhere in the code? If so, you may have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 8:17 am
That's better, Karthik...
I would also add a couple of things to that...
Reason 3:
SELECT * will normally cause a table scan (even if it looks like an index scan on the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 8:06 am
A location is a code varchar(10) and currently consists of 6 numeric digits where the first three are always zeros.
First, leading zeros tend to be for display and I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 7:38 am
David Burrows (11/28/2007)
What? Oh? OH? OOOOOHHHHH!!! BWAAAA-HAAAAAA.....
Sorry Jeff...
Did not know if you were laughing at me :crying:
or at my question 🙁
or was it that I actually posted one :blink:
Oh, bugger......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 7:07 am
Heh... the only Latin I know is "Non Illigitimi ie Carborondum" (very loosly translates to "Don't let the ba----ds grind you down". What does your tag line mean? ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 7:01 am
Heh... speaking of "details"... once done and you go to format it, you wanna use commas or periods for the thousand separators? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 6:53 am
but I am still waiting for a good friend to help me out
Ummm.... I wouldn't wait... take the bull by the horns and get to where you want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 12:30 am
Nicely done, Brandie. Great success story and a great motivational story. I'll throw in that whether you have the schooling or not, you can get there if you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 12:24 am
we quickly resolved the situation by upgrading the server to 2GB of RAM
Heh... I guess they didn't think too much of their server 😛
Good write up about what to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2007 at 12:15 am
At this point in 1% of the cases this session variable has somebody else's order id. And in 99% it's correct.
Absolutely not true... Scope_Identity will always return the correct ID......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 27, 2007 at 11:40 pm
Any suggestions?
Yes... why recalculate the same thing over and over and over? How often does the "tree" change? You need to convert your "Adjacency" model to a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 27, 2007 at 11:23 pm
Ummm.... I'm pretty sure that XML uses for tags and not { }... that may be part of the problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 27, 2007 at 10:03 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 53,896 through 53,910 (of 59,098 total)