Viewing 15 posts - 53,671 through 53,685 (of 59,098 total)
I believe the following will do it...
EXEC Master.dbo.xp_LoginConfig 'Default Domain'
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 10:36 pm
Hipp is smart... just like Gillette was... "Give away the razor, sell the blades." 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 10:25 pm
I'm just trying to point out that the industry has a particular definition in play for "set-based programming", and this is different than what I was getting from the article....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 10:19 pm
I'm sure I'll get a bunch of hooey from the CLR zealots on this but, with the possible exception of some decent RegEx CLR's written by Matt Miller, I've not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 5:10 pm
so I'm not completely sold on the PIVOT operator yet. I think it looks kind of clunky. Then again, we usually say that when we come across something new. Perhaps...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 5:07 pm
Heh... only if Set A has an alias of Set B 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 9:34 am
More info...
You CAN do a dupe check using an after trigger... Again, ITS THE WRONG THING TO DO!!!! But it will help you "pass" if your instructor insists...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 9:28 am
The problem with such a trigger is that you've created an "After" trigger... these types of triggers fire "After" the data has already been inserted. In other words, the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 9:24 am
Agreed... Bit values are, in fact, "tri-state"... off, on, and "don't know" and, depending on your requirements, that may or may not be important. For example, in a "testing"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 8:54 am
TBIG,
What you're describing is an "Audit Process" or "Audit Trail"... there are many ways to do this including Audit Triggers that save "old data" to an Audit table when data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 8:47 am
You're currently looking at one of the best resources there is for learning... SQLServerCentral.com. Everyday, I look at as many posts as I can... Some folks have some really...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 8:42 am
That's probably because when you execute it from VB, you're doing it as embedded SQL... which has no chance of reusing an Execution Plan.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 8:21 am
No...
But you can write forumulas in the Excel spreadsheet that will create the necessary INSERT/SELECT or INSERT/VALUES statements.
There's also several ways to import the data from a spreadsheet into SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 8:19 am
What are you running the code from? Query Analyzer or ???
The code, as I've posted it, runs fine...
Is it possible that you've run into the same problem a lot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 7:47 am
kenny (12/8/2007)
Wow, this is the fastest response I have ever gotten.Thanks Jeff for your assistance.
Just lucky... I happened to be "in the neigborhood" and just happened to have an answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 9, 2007 at 7:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 53,671 through 53,685 (of 59,098 total)