Viewing 15 posts - 53,536 through 53,550 (of 59,098 total)
grkanth81 (12/19/2007)
Hey guyz...can anyone help me with the probs i have mentioned in the post...
thnx...
Well, at least that's a polite way to "bump" your post... 😉 This isn't "instant...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 11:49 am
Oh, sorry... yes, your query is the ticket... mine is wrong.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 11:15 am
Perhaps, something like this...
select first_name
,last_name
,government_id
from people
where government_id like '[0-9][0-9][0-9]-%'
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 11:03 am
... and no... I don't recommend using two loops 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 10:37 am
Marcus Farrugia wrote:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 10:34 am
Your comments wise guys! 🙂
I know what your meant, but just so you know... the term "wise guy" in many English speaking countries is usually considered to be a fairly...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 9:03 am
...almost forgot... the "words" you're looking for are "Parsing a delimited column".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 8:11 am
If you really want help, refer to the following article...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 8:09 am
Ummm... what's not in Books Online is the fact that the DATETIME datatype is a "fixed position float". I know... sounds contrary... what I mean is that DATETIME datatypes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 8:07 am
The addition zero is coming from the fact that it's automatic code... it figures out that the "Page1" entry is 5 characters long and uses that asthe length for all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 7:44 am
Thanks David... appreciate the explanation...
Yeah, I figured the Stuff and Group By out for the single table application... just didn't understand it for the two table application. Now, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 7:40 am
Heh... not to worry, Grant... I have a target on my desk, right next to my coffee cup, that says "Pound head here, then read the post again." I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 7:30 am
Like I said... use the code I just posted... it takes the CHAR(32) into account...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 7:21 am
Brett,
Obviously, a couple of us have run into the problems associated with "Sequence Tables" such as you've described... if you would, please, generate the table creation for your sequence table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 6:52 am
Heh... feed the vendor a nice juicy pork-chop... with a sling-shot! 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 19, 2007 at 6:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 53,536 through 53,550 (of 59,098 total)