Viewing 15 posts - 53,161 through 53,175 (of 59,098 total)
First things, first... call to the proc should be...
EXEC importemp 'EmployeesOld'
... not what you posted.
Second, you have a coding error... correction is highlighted in red...
ALTER PROCEDURE importemp
@dbname varchar(30)
AS
begin...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 7:06 pm
Yes... must it be a function or can you use a stored procedure to do the concatenation? Store procedure can use a temp table that is defined before the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 6:57 pm
Kwitzell,
For those rows that are duplicated, which row would you like to keep... that is, do you want to keep the one with the largest ID or the smallest?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 5:45 pm
Nothing wrong with reading the registry...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 5:42 pm
Actually, are you an independent consultant Jeff?
Only on occasion...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 5:24 pm
Hi Gail,
I guess my point was that the execution plans aren't always going to show the number of rows touched and that you cannot always determine which of two or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 5:09 pm
Oh, heck no... Help yourself, Grant! You're one of the good guys, anyway!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 5:03 pm
Outstanding, Steve... congratulations! You most definitely deserve it!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 11:01 am
For a 1 time load, I'd export the data to Tab delimited files and Bulk Insert them. Nasty fast...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 11:00 am
Martin Bastable (1/3/2008)
I loved your comments on embedded documentation. I do that all the time, I find it helps me loads! (And other developers here when needs be). Even though...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 10:42 am
No, I sure don't, Grant...
I just copy and paste from a Word document that has some "Common Responses" in it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 10:36 am
Ravi Patel (1/3/2008)
Overall, how does everyone feel about using CHECKSUM over comparing each...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 10:24 am
Ravi Patel (1/3/2008)
This feed is coming from one of our vendors, and they send the FULL data load on each run.
If by FULL data load you mean they have ALL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 10:21 am
Molly Cary (1/3/2008)
Yes thanks....I wasn't aware of this travesty that I was doing. 😉 I have reposted (hopefully correctly).... 😀
Not really a travesty, Molly... it just that some folks don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 10:16 am
Shaun McGuile (1/3/2008)
I would shoot these people before they could damage the ecconomy!
Heh... way too late for that... especially in Michigan...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2008 at 10:10 am
Viewing 15 posts - 53,161 through 53,175 (of 59,098 total)