Viewing 15 posts - 52,411 through 52,425 (of 59,098 total)
Muhammad Furqan (2/21/2008)
i know about that simple query that you hace written, but problem with me is that the "table_name" and "column_name" are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2008 at 5:40 am
Ok... first, we have to determine precisely what the problem is... correct identification of the problem will be 90% of the solution....
1. Are you still using this exact syntax?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2008 at 5:35 am
It was easy for us... we had a great junk yard dog for a DBA who said "Sure... I can keep anything out that doesn't have a signed off ticket"....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 8:49 pm
I'd recommend that you post the code that doesn't work along with any error messages you may receive...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 7:56 pm
One more thing... the ticketing system should have the concept of "Parent Tickets" and "Projects" associated with it. Seriously, this is the only way to keep a handle on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 7:12 pm
Eric Peterson (2/21/2008)
We need to better document user requests comming into the system and a good...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 7:10 pm
Gosh... can't you just make a linked server and write a proc that would maybe use a little dynamic SQL to just copy everything it sees on the linked server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 7:02 pm
Yes, you can save the result set in a table by using a kind of "back door" way using a call to OSQL....
--===== Create a temp table to hold the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 6:51 pm
Yeah... I know, I know... thanks guys...
Sticknyn... don't let them scare you off, Man... if you know a way to pass a table variable in 2k5, you've just gotta tell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 6:25 pm
stricknyn (2/21/2008)
I can pass a table variable into a stored procedure that has a table variable as a parameter.
You can? And it works? Would you mind...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 5:43 pm
All I can say is, CRAP!!!!!
As pjancicka states, it works fine on 2K SP3a, and doesn't work correctly on anything after that!
Hey! Some of you MVP's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 5:20 pm
Myschif,
Adam and the other folks are too kind with their words about my articles. The articles do, however, explain some major pitfalls with the performance of some of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 4:11 pm
I saw you in the post, Adam... I knew you would do as good as I could. And, thanks for the plug!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 4:02 pm
Shiv (2/21/2008)
I have given that direction as parameter bcos i want use it like a condition there. That's not problem I can just keep 'queryout' there directly instead of direction...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 11:52 am
Matt Miller (2/21/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2008 at 11:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,411 through 52,425 (of 59,098 total)