Viewing 15 posts - 52,261 through 52,275 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... yeah, I'll just bet he would, Micheal...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/61539/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 1:40 pm
Lynn Pettis (2/29/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 1:15 pm
John Mitchell (2/29/2008)
No. Probably the easiest way is to create a temp table with an identity column, insert your rows into that, then select from it.John
I'll third that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 1:10 pm
For too many reasons to list in this short amount of space, I strongly recommend that you never process dates by individual Year and/or Month components. Some of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 12:20 pm
Ummm... I've seen questions like this go back and forth and even some flame wars get started over it and similar things like privs on the Windows Server, etc.
I think...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 10:05 am
Grant Fritchey (2/29/2008)
I don't know, I've seen your posts. You look pretty knowledgeable.
I gotta agree with that... you're no slouch, Jack.
BTW, we are hiring over here in the Island of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 9:51 am
Hey Jeff, when you are hiring let me know, I'd like to work with you so I can improve my SQL skills.
The feeling is mutual, Jack... 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 9:44 am
I have to disagee with Jeff on this one.
Oh... wait a minute folks... I didn't mean to make it look like I was condoning this dis-honesty... not even for a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 9:42 am
Lynn Pettis (2/29/2008)
Jeff,Could you do it in SQL 2000 with a tally table and derived tables?
😎
Ummm... I don't think so... a running update would do it though... certainly it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 8:44 am
MattieNH (2/29/2008)
Jeff, correct me if I've screwed up my terminology, but isn't the normalized design the one without a StopWeightEffectiveDate column, ...
I'll probably get some argument from others here,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 8:40 am
Adam Bean (2/29/2008)
Ok, but what if you don't pass a fillfactor? Does it default to it's original value or the database default?Does the same thing apply to rebuild/reorganize?
Heh... Who the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 8:31 am
So, the young couple took the new born twins, a boy and a girl, to the God Father. "God Father", said the young Mother... "We would be honored if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 8:20 am
... and a trigger would take care of the date-1 thing.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 7:49 am
So should I go with the normalized design,...
Heh... what would be the alternative?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 7:48 am
It's in Books Online under "DBCC Reindex"...
fillfactor
Is the percentage of space on each index page to be used for storing data when the index is created. fillfactor replaces the original...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2008 at 7:40 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,261 through 52,275 (of 59,098 total)