Viewing 15 posts - 5,191 through 5,205 (of 59,098 total)
Hang in there. I made some good progress (fully testing along the way) but I had another late work night and it's time for bed (01:49 AM). I'll work on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 8, 2021 at 5:50 am
We're just guessing here... post the actual code for get_OrderVerified
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 5:19 pm
I'm still getting the "Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function." error.
See the first link in my signature line below and provide the readily consumable format...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Perhaps this diagram will help illustrate the situation. In any of the given scenarios I need to find ALL related nodes given the ID of any node in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 5:10 pm
IMHO, the only thing that has changed in the "blame game" or even the "tech blame game" is that a whole lot more of it is seen by the public...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 3:49 pm
I wish that people would start writing articles on "Scaling QUALITY". Actually, a lot of folks need to start on the 101 version of that. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 3:46 pm
One more shot in the dark. I'm actually following a thread of something kind of similar on another thread.
Since the tables are supposed to be empty and rowless, try doing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 3:43 pm
I was thinking on the table and I would like to make separate columns for Oven and Line..
Funny thing there... I figured that early on (part of "column normalization)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 7, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Ok... We need some details...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 6, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Ran it now. Did not help. Also tried DBCC checkdb. Did not help either. In an output message it displayed There are 0 rows in 0 pages for object...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 6, 2021 at 12:49 pm
My take is that I'd worry more about splitting tables in a logical fashion that would require no index or statistics maintenance on data that no longer changes.
You might also...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 6, 2021 at 12:41 pm
In University, you pick up humanitarian subjects, if you're bad at Math.
Pretty much the same situation with NoSQL/SQL.
Right or wrong, I blew coffee out my nose on that one! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 6, 2021 at 10:55 am
Ok... I created a file that had one row for every second of the year 2020 (31,622,400 rows plus the header row and weighs in at 956MB (almost a gigabyte)). ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 5, 2021 at 3:44 am
I had published an article for doing such a thing and a fellow by the name of Orlando Colamatteo gave me the idea of the following iTVF. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 5, 2021 at 12:13 am
Not yet... It's 1:35 AM and I just got done with a work related crunch. I have to be awake, "lively and aware", for scrum at 9 and so I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 4, 2021 at 5:39 am
Viewing 15 posts - 5,191 through 5,205 (of 59,098 total)