Viewing 15 posts - 51,751 through 51,765 (of 59,098 total)
The fastest method is neither... the fastest method is BULK INSERT. I don't use SSIS or DTS, but rumor has it that SSIS has a "BULK INSERT" object that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:59 pm
Absolutely... I have the steps to do it somewhere but it's been a 1000 years since I've done it... let me look for it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:54 pm
I agree with Sergiy... and, if you use SELECT INTO, you will have about 58 minutes left to ensure the FK's have been correctly instantiated and to do some regression...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:46 pm
Lisa Slater Nicholls (3/16/2008)
Before you use any of those that have a self join or correlated subquery that use the ">=" or "<=" or any other inequality method to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:43 pm
Ok, folks... I was operating on some old experiences with correlated sub-queries... Hugo and Barry's posts made me look deeper and, after studying the actual execution plans in both SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:36 pm
Hugo Kornelis (3/16/2008)
]
Heh... How often I've been bit by the infamous timeout on this forum... I too have learned to at least do a {CTRL-A}{CTRL-C} before I hit PREVIEW or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:26 pm
anvi (3/16/2008)
This is a top class article: clear, deep and useful.
Thanks for the feedback, Anvi. What's even better than my humble article is what folks have to say in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:15 pm
Great... Barry gets the "A".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 8:08 pm
My bad, Tracey... I said in my post that I was "Running 2k sp3a"... not a real obvious note on my part... sorry and thanks for the idea.
Barry, thanks for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 9:31 am
Hmm, I tried to swear off "ranting" some years ago, but that doesn't seem to be working out so well... Sorry.
I do understand your passion about it and thanks for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 9:19 am
DAvid (3/15/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2008 at 9:10 am
Thanks for the feedback, Tracey. Except for the SPID (I had an active connection with 58), that's the exact code I used. Got zero rows in return no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 15, 2008 at 6:19 pm
Compare that to where C/C++ programmers have been for over 15 years: they can write new code targeted to run on multiple different platforms right from the start AND expect...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 15, 2008 at 6:14 pm
bitbucket (3/7/2008)
Run sp_who or sp_who2 to obtain the process id (spid) then
DECLARE @Handle binary(20)
SELECT @Handle...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 15, 2008 at 5:53 pm
Thanks, Barry... Which state is Drexel in and which major is this typically for?
I'd still like to know which school Kaiitong is going to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 15, 2008 at 5:37 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,751 through 51,765 (of 59,098 total)