Viewing 15 posts - 51,526 through 51,540 (of 59,098 total)
Guess I'm still worried :hehe:
Are you generating scripts from the Dev database, every day, to promote to the Production database?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 5:49 am
Chirag (3/26/2008)
Jeff - we are still in the development phase of the project. What i meant was that daily there are some modifications to the procedures. This does not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 5:42 am
Ganesh,
Can you help me out, please? Why don't you care what the SName for a given roll is so long as you return one? Like I said... I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 5:37 am
I appreciate that very much. I'm thinking that's not quite the same because the OP said they didn't care which row was returned... you would think in the example...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 5:34 am
I've never understood this type of request... and it's a fairly frequent request. If the SName (in this case) doesn't matter, why bother? Not trying to be a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:44 am
You'll need to write some dynamic SQL that uses the Information_Schema views... both are in Books Online. This will likely require a loop of some sort... most prefer a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:30 am
Vivien Xing (3/25/2008)
---> No
And in terms of the transaction log; potentially this will make...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:27 am
I just can't bring myself to believe in any test that uses RBAR as much as that :sick:
And, over a million rows, datatype isn't going to make much...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:01 am
Something less than a million rows at a time in order by the clustered primary key with a 10 second delay between million row updates.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 10:57 pm
I think I will stick with not in and not exists from now on.
Heh... Except on Tuesdays... that's when the "SQL Run Fast" button is automatically recycled to overcome all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 9:26 pm
ALZDBA (3/25/2008)
Good old BOL did it again, thanks for the rectification.Here's a little test script I've found back from my test (sql7)
Just to demonstrate simple working of it.
Aye... nicely done,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 9:20 pm
BobAtDBS (3/25/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Thanks for the link, Adam... that reminded me where I put my test code... and I added "EXCEPTION" to it...
First, I just don't trust execution plans, estimated or actual... especially...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 8:53 pm
Matt Miller (3/25/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 7:36 pm
mrpolecat (3/25/2008)
It added ok but when I select from the file all the fields fall under one field with the field name being the first...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2008 at 7:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,526 through 51,540 (of 59,098 total)