Viewing 15 posts - 51,496 through 51,510 (of 59,098 total)
Madhu... a little feedback on what you end up doing would be much appreciated.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 27, 2008 at 8:01 am
Glad you got it resolved... what did you do?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 27, 2008 at 7:59 am
Sergei Zarembo (3/26/2008)
i agree in this simple replace it would be an overkill. But replace pattern can change by the minute. Wouldn't it be more convenient to have one [or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 27, 2008 at 7:51 am
Heh... no, you're right, Matt. I was just anticipating the next possible question (I should probably get out of the habit) which usually turns up as either "How would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 27, 2008 at 7:45 am
The popular answer on this and many of the other threads is scenario 3 and some for scenario 2. Just my humble opinion, but I think they might all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 27, 2008 at 7:07 am
Todd Engen (3/26/2008)
Try changing "DROP" to "DELETE", or set a WHERE clause with EventClass = 47 for Object : Deleted events.
Opening the traces in Profiler will resolve the EventClass to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:51 pm
See? Now, I get that... thanks, Wayne. Why couldn't someone say something like that instead of thinking that I was trying to give them an eWedgie? :P...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:33 pm
Yep... on the small stuff for sure.
Just a note, though... CPU time makes all the difference in the world to me... most of the 8 hour jobs at work that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:24 pm
Matt Miller (3/26/2008)
Hmm - I'm seeing dropped tables....You looking at the right trace? mine seems to automatically roll over after a certain size.
I think so... here's the command I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:16 pm
Heh, yeaup... thought I'd let that one go 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:13 pm
To put it a bit differently than Matt... INSERT triggers fire only once per INSERT statement no matter if one row or thousands of rows are affected. Same is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 12:02 pm
Matt Miller (3/26/2008)
At least try a different approach or something....
Not blasting the OP by any means... but sometimes a "different approach" means getting someone that knows how to put the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 11:58 am
Dunno about that, but there sure is in a BCP import. But, I think the DTS route would be better because if you're using text qualifiers in the file,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 11:45 am
Totally awesome find... but despite the DROPS I've done on tables and the like, there's nothing in the log. There is something, however, for someone dropping a database.... gives...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 11:40 am
Ummmm.... you don't really need a CLR or external RegEx to do something so simple as to remove leading zeros. For example...
DECLARE @Sku NVARCHAR(500)
SET @Sku...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2008 at 11:07 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,496 through 51,510 (of 59,098 total)