Viewing 15 posts - 51,121 through 51,135 (of 59,098 total)
I'm using IE7 and no problems so far using SSMS... hmmm.... wonder if that's why I can't get Reporting Services to run?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 9:15 pm
select count(*) from DTEST10Link..coll18_test.terms
... must be...
select count(*) from DTEST10LINK..COLL18_TEST.TERMS
The driver for Oracle isn't so hot... it wants to see everything in the FROM clause as all UPPER case.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 9:12 pm
The answer is "Yes", you should be concerned. The article at the URL provided Fernando is a very good start for planning. Not all the information is about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 9:08 pm
terrence_daniels (4/14/2008)
I have been attempting to query two tables using one script what is the correct syntax for this to occur. 😀
Heh... my neighbor's car won't start... can you tell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:57 pm
You must update the other table, first... and both tables need to be updated.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:50 pm
Nicely said and nicely written, Steve... I'm not so generous in my thoughts about these kinds of Developers/DBAs (and I use the term loosly for folks with this type of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:41 pm
jagadish_sds (4/14/2008)
What is the best way to write a SQL query or a Stored procedure in terms of Performance?
Not trying to be a smart guy here, but this very open...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:29 pm
Just my 2 cents... you don't need CTE's for this... don't even need derived tables... just the Cross Join...
SELECT t1.N AS Month, t2.N AS Day
FROM dbo.Tally...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:23 pm
I agree with Sergiy... life would be a lot easier that way... create a "Gold Set" of scripts or even an empty database to copy from.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:14 pm
Heh... I'm thinking "tie" and I'm thinking that, once again, only RegEx replace beats T-SQL... you sure it can't be done using some magic RegEx replace?
And, by the way, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:12 pm
SELECT CEILING(CAST (12.2 AS FLOAT))
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:08 pm
You do realize that your table is a bit denormalized? Can't you turn it into a true EAV (Entity, Attribute, Value) table?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 8:03 pm
Splitting free text names is a huge pain in the patoooti... For example, two-part first names, middle initials, and a host of other formatting sins (FullName being the first sin)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 7:49 pm
Steve, do you have a URL handy to sign up?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 7:01 pm
Only if the tuning Wizard says so... haven't figured them well enough to do it on my own, yet... I guess it is a possibility here...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 14, 2008 at 6:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,121 through 51,135 (of 59,098 total)