Viewing 15 posts - 50,911 through 50,925 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... don't get too excited... it apparently includes 2 decimal places 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 8:42 pm
What is the maximum number of ServiceID's you can have per ClientID?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 8:34 pm
Darned "smiley" faces... lemme try again...
--===== If the temp table already exists, drop it
IF OBJECT_ID('TempDB..#Steps') IS NOT NULL
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 8:29 pm
Ok... just sharing... a million row median calculation can be fast... very fast... here's a chunk of code I posted about 3 years ago... it's demo code so you'll need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 8:27 pm
As a result, we need to be sure we work closely with them to get proper validation built into all applications.
Ok... I know I'll get a lot of flack...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 8:08 pm
Without a table alteration, you could do this (using Matt's fine test setup)...
--testing setup
create table #recipe (recipeID int identity(1,1) primary key, recipename varchar(200))
create table #recipeline(reclineID int identity(1,1) primary key, recipeID...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 7:33 pm
As a bit of a side-bar, if you intend to join DateTime datatypes to this table, the preferred method of creating such a table would be...
--===== Here are the two...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 7:16 pm
This is what I mean...
(No character based date conversions) + (No concatenation) = Very high speed short code.
--===== Here are the two parameters you wanted
DECLARE @DateStart DATETIME
DECLARE @DateEnd ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 7:00 pm
Ah, ok... it get it.
Still need to know though, what do you want for column names? I'm also pretty sure you'll need the row number... I guess I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:44 pm
Heh... that's funny... hadn't thought of it that way, AnirBan. 😀
I actually have an article coming out in the very near future as to "how and why" Tally tables work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:40 pm
Perfect. Thanks for the feedback.
Adrian... nice job!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:35 pm
Yes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:32 pm
Lisa... Thanks for the feedback a couple of posts back. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:30 pm
SQL ORACLE (4/29/2008)
You cannot delete duplicates directly from a table unless you would like to delete rows, which are duplicated.
Any bets? 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:20 pm
I think this one taught a bunch of people different things... 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 29, 2008 at 6:17 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 50,911 through 50,925 (of 59,098 total)