Viewing 15 posts - 50,806 through 50,820 (of 59,098 total)
Matt Miller (5/2/2008)
Grant Fritchey (5/2/2008)
I have to ask though, what's drowning breath exercise? While we do incorporate a lot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 7:14 pm
DFalso, if you get hit by a bus tomorrow and your boss can't figure out your code, then you're proving exactly what I said... your code is not production quality...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 7:07 pm
poornima.s_pdi (5/1/2008)
Hi Jeff,Thanks a lot for ur reply.I learnt more from ur sites.very good snd useful forum...
Thank you for the feed back, Poornima... are you all set now?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 6:54 pm
Funny, they work fine for me... they take me right to the post I wanted.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 6:52 pm
ebarsamian (5/2/2008)
CREATE TABLE #trustgoals
(ID int IDENTITY,
Trust varchar(100),
InitialReview varchar(100),
ReReview varchar(100),
TotalReview...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 6:49 pm
By the way, MDevore, very nice formatting you did on your code. Makes for a really easy read. Nicely done!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 6:43 pm
mdevore (5/2/2008)
HOLY CRAP! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: I rewrote the query based on Jeff's Running Total post, and it went from 8 hours to 6 seconds! Jeff, I bow down before you! THANKS!!!!!!!
Heh......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 2:52 pm
Post what you have for the view already, please.
Strange that something should require a view to work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 2:44 pm
Part of the problem is that you go back to delete the trailing comma... you basically do something like this...
DECLARE @somestring VARCHAR(8000)
SET @somestring = ''
SELECT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 8:09 am
And, you need that in a file 100,000 columns wide, right? You trolling here or ??? I ask because you asked for comma delimited in the first post...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 7:39 am
shalini_pdi (5/2/2008)
I m getting error when i get the query based on some condition as i have mentioned in previous post
"I am getting the error as Violation of PRIMARY...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 7:10 am
Obviously, I don't have your data nor the query that calculates the age of the invoices, but if you use the output of that query as a derived table in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2008 at 7:02 am
Heh... NO! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 9:11 pm
In SQL Server 2000, the absolute fastest way would be to insert the results of the query on the view into a temp table with an IDENTITY column and read...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 9:10 pm
I very much appreciate the feedback... thanks.
I understand where you're coming from... been there myself... been burned by that very same thing. Now, I assume that all code, no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 9:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 50,806 through 50,820 (of 59,098 total)