Viewing 15 posts - 4,966 through 4,980 (of 59,098 total)
On the subject of "sometimes" quoted CSV's...
I totally agree that it shouldn't be necessary. MS has had more that 2 decades to make this "simple" stuff right as have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2021 at 8:19 pm
Let's peel one potato at a time. The first stop is the last item in your code...
(jh.ProdQty - jh.QtyCompleted > 0)
Do you see any problems with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2021 at 5:02 am
As strange as it may strike some, I've not even downloaded DBATools, yet. I'm sure it's documented on the site one way or the other but, just to ask the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2021 at 4:20 am
Actually, the email system in SQL Server is quite robust and a copy of every email is stored in the msdb.dbo.sysmail_allitems table. In fact, it's a bit of a pain...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2021 at 5:23 pm
That would be an rCTE (Recursive CTE). If the recursion in based on incremental values and RBAR proceessing, a well written WHILE Loop will be faster and less resource intensive.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Apologies - I'm not sure what you mean - there is no cte in the above SQL statement.
Actually, there are 3. The first one starts right after the word...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2021 at 1:41 pm
WITH SubQuery AS
(
SELECTjh.Company, jh.JobNum, ja.AssemblySeq, jo.OprSeq, jo.OpCode,
CAST(CASE WHEN NOT jh.Date03 IS NULL THEN...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2021 at 1:37 pm
I do appreciate all of the feedback. However, you are fussing at the DBA who is the low man on the totem pole. AVPs and managers have already made...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2021 at 2:32 am
To be honest, this sounds like a case of the bad type of parameter sniffing.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2021 at 11:42 pm
I read your question a little differently than Grant and Jeff...
I didn't read it that way so went back and read it again... and, yeah... I agree... you might...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2021 at 10:57 pm
I use a common table expression to produce a list of bill of materials but this slows down due to lack of an index - can this be done?
You...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2021 at 4:48 pm
I've found that the biggest reason for SQLProfiler not capturing items is someone writing the wrong filter.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2021 at 4:33 pm
Heh... I make mistakes of that nature prior to having at least 2 full 12 oz mugs of coffee. That means it's been happening a whole lot to me lately...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2021 at 4:29 pm
You know, I kind of prefer the kinds of questions where there is a way to answer the question 😀
This wasn't someone posting a question. This site allows folks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Since SSIS is not SQL - it isn't the same - and the code is not processed as SQL code. Since the data is in the file - you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 11, 2021 at 10:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,966 through 4,980 (of 59,098 total)