Viewing 15 posts - 4,801 through 4,815 (of 59,098 total)
I am getting really annoyed with this "link to the post takes me to the second last page of the thread, not the actual post" issue.
yup .... and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 10:11 pm
Would a T-SQL option help? http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/SQL+Server+2005/67515/
It's a bloody shame that the "upgrades" to the forum software have rendered such links totally useless. 🙁
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 4:33 pm
I assume you know which login dropped/created the procs.
and assuming you are a SYSADMIN what output do you get out of these
execute as login = 'loginname' SELECT * FROM...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 4:01 pm
You say you want it to be displayed "just like the calendar entries are shown on a regular calendar". If you have 500 to 1000 jobs on a server lie...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 3:53 pm
First round of testing to 1, 2, 4, and 8 files on a single SSD drive of a minimally logged, single connection insert of 10,000,000 rows @89GB of a table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 8:51 am
Heh... an early look scared-up the ol' "not unless they're on different physical spindles" adage. While I logically agree with that, I've never actually tried it and so I don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 5:36 am
Getting back to the original question, we're just guessing based on related information supposed "Best Practice" information and, by now, I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about "Best Practice"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 5:16 am
Just like index maintenance and a couple of other things, it's better to NOT do something than it is to do it wrong and, thanks to the poor examples in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 4:50 am
It's Friday. I've been overwhelmed for several days and now I'm just confused. Help here appreciated:
https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/mysterious-ability-to-drop-create-stored-procedures
It's late, so I might be missing something here. Are you saying that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2021 at 4:29 am
Ok. First, I cleaned up the code that provides the test table and data generation so it's easier to read/verify. I also changed it from a table variable to a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Missed David's post, which he posted while I was still writing.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Here is the fiddle http://sqlfiddle.com/#!18/334d74/1/0
If you've not solved this yet, especially with the special condition for things like "30_000" where the underscore is actually a space, and no one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2021 at 2:57 pm
They are still image and text data types (legacy industrial tech "we will not change it for you" salesperson ). Out of row by default if I'm correct., but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2021 at 2:54 pm
As a bit of a sidebar, if you're going to store LOBs in the database, do yourself a favor... force them to behave as they did with the old style...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Generic Formula to Get Position of First Number in String:
=MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},String_Ref&"0123456789")
In which dialect of SQL? That will not work in T-SQL (SQL Server).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2021 at 11:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,801 through 4,815 (of 59,098 total)