Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 59,098 total)
you now do groupings based on the timeslot name. No proprietary computations. Fast, simple joins. The ability to adjust your timeslots in the event of banking holidays.
Cool! Got...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 12, 2021 at 3:34 am
The only reason I can see for doing such a thing is to have all the files since the last backup in one file especially for when it comes to ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 12, 2021 at 2:40 am
One of the best ways to find subjects to write about is to let them find you. You will have to start reading the best source in the world for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 11, 2021 at 7:19 pm
Just double checking... what's the target here... An Excel spreadsheet or a table? I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to do in a single blob in Excel.
Data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 7:06 pm
Forgot to mention a few more things:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 5:02 pm
I'm sorry about the misinformation. I didn't pay attention to the list of "Applies to" services.
I remembered some excited chatter some months ago about the functions now being available,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Well if it's just a matter of copying data truncate and reload is easier to set up and maintain, volume permitting. Trying to capture deltas will but down on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 3:49 pm
I found this topic via a Google search, and it kinda-sorta relates to my issue. I need a Script Component in SSIS to serve as a data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 3:13 pm
I'll try to post a solution tonight after work if no one else beats me to it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 3:08 pm
Here are a couple of ways to do it. Like aadcock says above, format 23 comes into play. Be warned though... in a lot of languages, that format (23) will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 3:03 pm
I kinda figured. Thanks, for the confirmation.
After the performance issues included with the FORMAT function, I also worry about performance anytime MS comes out with a new function. I won't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 2:25 pm
In SQL Server 2019 you can also utilize the GREATEST function.
That documentation seems to suggest that it's only available on Azure instances and not "standalone" instances. Can someone with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 2:03 pm
As a bit of a sidebar and, like I said, only a quick look at the code you've attached, what is your complaint with the code?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 1:53 pm
Without spending much time looking at the code, my humble opinion is that it's usually easier and faster to truncate and reload if the full reload is available in a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 1:38 pm
Just in case any of you use Twitch... it's been hacked.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/6/22712250/twitch-hack-leak-data-streamer-revenue-steam-competitor
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2021 at 1:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 59,098 total)