Viewing 15 posts - 41,596 through 41,610 (of 59,098 total)
Let's take this one step further. In a lot of cases, if an index is used by the sort, the sort operation in the execution plan will frequently not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 10:48 am
Ah... got it. If you gen the actual execution plans for both queries, you'll see that the INDEX SEEK is used to resolve the predicate "WHERE itemcode = 'Apples'"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 10:40 am
Heh... you've confused me, as well. 😛 I'll have to study that a bit... I'll be back.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 10:31 am
I'd rather not give this troll such hints, Gus. Kill this thread.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 9:00 am
Outstanding. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that up, Chris. This is definitely a "keeper" for me.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:54 am
npatel0130 (10/8/2009)
Jeff Moden (10/7/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:51 am
Aye. Thank you for the feedback. I just wish I was the one that thought of it. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:40 am
Silverfox (10/8/2009)
being a dba is a position of immense trust and responsibility, if you make a mistake you can bring the company to its knees.
Truer words never spoken. Even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:30 am
Jan Van der Eecken (10/7/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:13 am
Grant Fritchey (10/7/2009)
As far as targets go, there are two types of vehicles on the ocean. Targets and submarines.
Heh... I was scrolling "up" through the thread when I saw this......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:12 am
Andy DBA (10/7/2009)
Jeff Moden (10/7/2009)
Now, there's a suggestion for a follow up article.
Sure, hint hint. I think it's old ground, though.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Basic+Querying/understandingthedifferencebetweenisnull/871/
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Advanced+Querying/2829/
Wow... thanks for the reminder especially about Michael Cole's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 8:01 am
davidpenton (10/7/2009)
Jeff Moden (10/7/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 7:07 am
Chris Howarth-536003 (10/7/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 8, 2009 at 6:52 am
Excellent tip/reminder on the "next day" thing, Jack.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 7, 2009 at 8:07 pm
What do you want to do about UPDATEs?
Also, I recommend that provide the CREATE TABLE statement along with any existing keys and indexes. Some test data would be helpful,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 7, 2009 at 8:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 41,596 through 41,610 (of 59,098 total)