Viewing 15 posts - 40,951 through 40,965 (of 59,098 total)
Agreed. Items like multiplication and division have the same precedence and, provided nothing is include to interfer with the order of precedence (such as parenthesis), are solved left to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 1:57 pm
Heh... still pretty embarrassing moment on my part. :blush: Thanks for the gratuity, Nabha.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 1:44 pm
Thanks, Gail.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 1:42 pm
This should do it...
--===== Code to create the view syntax in a variable
DECLARE @SQL1 VARCHAR(MAX)
SELECT @SQL1 = 'CREATE VIEW dbo.Groups AS' + CHAR(10)
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 1:27 pm
Heh... no problem, Nabha... just didn't want to see a food fight break out. I'm not perfect either. I miss stuff just like on that previous row problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 12:00 pm
Wow... egg on my face and not enough coffee in the gullet... my apologies...
a.In the first record itself C1 == C2 i.e equal then keep 0 for C3 column...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:50 am
Heh... now I see it... the OP snuck it into code. Nothing like a little hidden "added scope", huh? 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:48 am
Heh.... Nicely done but, considering the following error and the fact that the code I posted does actually give the correct output, I'm thinking that you just read the code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:45 am
Exactly correct... both methods take the same time... until one day.....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:30 am
Thomas Lampe (11/26/2009)
The table looks like follows:
I assume that's the one you're inserting into... are the datatypes the same as what the query is producing?
I guess I don't know why...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:25 am
Then take a look at BCP which comes with SQL Server to do what you want. Look for it in Books Online which is the SQL Server Help system.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:22 am
I agree with Jack. Having RBAR triggers will eventually cause you a huge problem.
As a casual observation, all the XML and CLR stuff you're talking about will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 26, 2009 at 11:17 am
THAT, good Sir, is some of the best feedback I've ever gotten... glad to help especially since it means more time with family for you. And, welcome aboard!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 25, 2009 at 11:11 pm
Rowan-283474 (11/25/2009)
steveb. (11/25/2009)
As stated above the problem with speed would most likely be due to the fact that you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 25, 2009 at 10:55 pm
Unfortunately, that's not been my particular experience. I usually experience the ol' "too many cooks spoil the broth" syndrome.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 25, 2009 at 10:51 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,951 through 40,965 (of 59,098 total)