Viewing 15 posts - 40,531 through 40,545 (of 59,098 total)
Next question, please... What application would have the need for such a thing where it could not be done using T-SQL? Not trying to be a smart guy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2009 at 5:54 pm
Paul Morris-1011726 (12/23/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2009 at 3:54 pm
roundel1900 (12/23/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2009 at 3:48 pm
...but I wanted to create TVFs so that I could more easily interact with the output by doing WHERE conditions, GROUP BYs, ORDER BYs, etc. which are not possible with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2009 at 10:46 am
Biz (12/22/2009)
I am still modifying this, though it is giving the serial number, I need to get the order of the serial number by the [course start date].
So trying...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2009 at 8:41 am
Ah... I see the problem. The alter table does not happen at compile or run time. It happens when it is actually executed. The only way that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 8:25 pm
TheSQLGuru (12/22/2009)
d:\sqlexp\112233
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091211
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091212
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091213
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091214
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091215
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091216
d:\sqlexp\112233\20091217
d:\sqlexp\112244
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091211
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091212
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091213
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091214
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091215
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091216
d:\sqlexp\112244\20091217
I seem to get the following output from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 8:20 pm
Nabha (12/22/2009)
Jeff Moden (12/22/2009)
SELECT DATEADD(dd,DATEDIFF(dd,6,GETDATE()+1)/7*7,-9)+t.Number
FROM Master.dbo.spt_Values t
WHERE t.Type...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 8:17 pm
Heh... I probably wouldn't use SSIS for such a thing. I damned sure wouldn't use a script for this. T-SQL would do the job just fine.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 8:14 pm
mmdmurphy (12/22/2009)
I found the critical lines in the visual basic script that gets the data, and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 8:06 pm
The Dixie Flatline (12/22/2009)
Bring forth the Holy Pork Chop of Antioch! 😛
Heh... paraphrased from one of my favorite "B" movies...
"Glory be to the [Code], and to the Holy [Forum]....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 7:59 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (12/22/2009)
Jeff Moden (12/22/2009)
CirquedeSQLeil (12/22/2009)
...And chastising QODs:blush:
Heh... nah... "tweeking" is the word that I would chose on the one you're thinking of. 😀 I bashed one that Steve...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 7:17 pm
Gail... awesome picture. Thanks for the bit of holiday cheer.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 2:25 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (12/22/2009)
...And chastising QODs:blush:
Heh... nah... "tweeking" is the word that I would chose on the one you're thinking of. 😀 I bashed one that Steve posted pretty darned...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 2:24 pm
I see the necessary high velocity pork has already been flung on this one... moving on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2009 at 2:19 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,531 through 40,545 (of 59,098 total)