Viewing 15 posts - 40,246 through 40,260 (of 59,098 total)
WHERE ImageBlob > 0x00
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 9:21 pm
Why would the log file know anything about the relationships between a staging table and a primary table?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 9:11 pm
Ah... got it. Thanks, Matt.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 9:08 pm
zafarthesultan (1/17/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm
Set up a trace to capture growth events.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 8:58 pm
Heh... I'll also ask, why ask why? I've been frustrated many times in the past by certain things in many products. I've gotten to the point where instead...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 8:56 pm
Ummmm.... where do you see a GOTO in any of that? 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2010 at 10:50 am
Understood and we already have that (it's what I meant when I said it sounds like a cursor)... it just doesn't need to be inline...
--= some very high performance sql...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 7:24 pm
Ok... let's ask the next logical question...
Let's say that I DON'T want to use Master for anything but I would like to have a central repository of common code for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 6:08 pm
tvantonder-992012 (1/15/2010)
In my opinion the best would be creating a new table with the changed column and just transfering the data there. Then renaming the new and old table. Then...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 1:25 pm
With Gail's thought about only experience getting hired... you can get some experience by volunteering for charity groups and churches.
She's also pretty much correct that the best chances are available...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 1:15 pm
The original post seems to suggest that this is all for a staging table upsert into a main table (or maybe I've not had enough coffee). I'd recommend a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 12:37 pm
Even better.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 11:31 am
stephenhai (1/15/2010)
Thanks...Anythings need to pay attention when upgrade from 2000 to 2008
When you say "upgrade", I think "in place upgrade" and I wouldn't do it that way. I'd have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 11:23 am
Even that may not do it... you can update a row with the same data as what it started with and the TimeStamp will still change.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2010 at 11:17 am
Viewing 15 posts - 40,246 through 40,260 (of 59,098 total)