Viewing 15 posts - 40,156 through 40,170 (of 59,098 total)
Brian.Dunat (1/23/2010)
Thanks for the hint on the clustered index. I was checking out the table and the execution plan and was scrolling through everything that would be affected and found...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2010 at 8:39 am
If I understand correctly, that may be the problem... no indexes on the columns you're working with.
If you could gen and capture an actual execution plan, I'm sure someone here...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 11:18 pm
WayneS (1/21/2010)
Lynn Pettis (1/20/2010)
You will find quite few people here that are more than willing to help mentor those who want to learn.
Lynn, Jeff, Gail, Gus, Jason, Lutz, Paul, Barry......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 11:13 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (1/21/2010)
If my Key Fob were several TB, would you still permit it?:-D
Only if you'd give me one of those bad boys. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 11:05 pm
Ray K (1/22/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/21/2010)
Actually, a Cursor or While Loop is just what the doctor ordered here...Who are you, and what have you done with Jeff Moden? 😀
(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Heh......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 10:56 pm
Brian.Dunat (1/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm
john.arnott (1/22/2010)
Now I do wonder if the procedural loop need be done at the row level or if it could be done...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 10:43 pm
Jonathan Kehayias (1/22/2010)
David Portas (1/22/2010)
abhishes (1/20/2010)
I am doing a presentation for all the features of SQL Server, and one of topics is SQL CLR.
Intensive byte level operations within large objects...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 10:30 pm
p.s. There's actually a personal reason why I refer to them as CLR's... I'll tell you that when I meet you, as well. Might require a second beer,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 10:09 pm
Adam Machanic (1/22/2010)
Lynn Pettis (1/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 10:03 pm
dma-669038 (1/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm
Adam Machanic (1/22/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 4:59 pm
Yes, I know what you're looking for. If you take the time to post the data in a readily consumable format (like in the article I referred you to),...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 12:17 am
Do you have indexes on the other two columns?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2010 at 12:02 am
CirquedeSQLeil (1/21/2010)
A good hardy laugh is also very useful in keeping the stress at bay.
That's what I normally do although I have been known to accelerate a pork chop or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2010 at 11:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,156 through 40,170 (of 59,098 total)