Viewing 15 posts - 40,126 through 40,140 (of 59,098 total)
lisbon (1/25/2010)
Even simpler:cast(datediff(dd,0,getdate()) as datetime)
lx
Not exactly what the op asked for but I agree.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 25, 2010 at 5:32 am
malleswarareddy_m (1/24/2010)
...but i wasted hours of time...
So, did you take the time to read the article I pointed you to so that doesn't happen anymore?;-)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 11:40 pm
Heh... with so many folks talking about separate servers, now I know the real reason why MS deprecated such a useful tool as being able to pin certain tables. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 11:38 pm
You're not only changing databases, but instances, as well. I don't know much about SSIS but I'd imagine you'd have to resort to the 4 part naming convention for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 5:31 pm
gadall (1/24/2010)
This works perfectly for what I have to do.Thank you so much.
Heh... 3 solutions were given. Which one did you use?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 5:29 pm
lobbymuncher (1/24/2010)
CREATE TABLE #A (id INT, FCode CHAR(10))
INSERT INTO #A
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 5:28 pm
Use a linked server with the same name in test and production.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 5:24 pm
PLEASE, read the article at the first link in my signature. It will help you help others give YOU a correct answer more quickly. Thanks.
Unless your datatypes are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm
Scott Jacobson-452610 (1/24/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 4:39 pm
I was hoping that you'd say that. I agree. All parts of the address are known is it is known that the 2nd address line has a value...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 9:20 am
Heh... I found it. It's amazing what low levels of caffeine will do to one's eye's. :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2010 at 8:59 am
Wow! Nicely done, miss.delinda. There are people on this site who have >500 posts that still haven't figured out how to get the best help and you nailed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm
mahesh.vsp (1/23/2010)
I feel, irrrespective of recovery model , until the txn is completed, the LDF file keeps increasing and once completed only then it can be re-used by other transaction.
That's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2010 at 10:40 pm
I believe I'd use UNION ALL for this. UNION essentially does a distinct which is probably not necessary here.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2010 at 10:31 pm
RBarryYoung (1/23/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/7/2010)
... there's likely a set based solution that will keep all forms of RBAR at bay here.Heh. Well, all but one ... 😀
Where did you get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2010 at 10:24 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,126 through 40,140 (of 59,098 total)