Viewing 15 posts - 39,811 through 39,825 (of 59,098 total)
That's how I caught the "bots" at my last job. Just simple hit counters that capture both the user info and the IP address because bots are capable of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 5:26 pm
In the horizontal model, what will the columns represent?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm
UT- (2/12/2010)
I used following queries to check the row count for each object in tempdb and the open trans,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm
TheSQLGuru (2/12/2010)
I agree that it would seem that SELECT/INTO is troublesome for getting consistent data but so would any SELECT unless WITH(TABLOCK) were used.
That doesn't sound right. I thought...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm
Roy Ernest (2/12/2010)
it is carnival weekend here. From tonight onwards it is "Drink, Dance and Be merry" here. 🙂 I think I will not be sober till Wednesday.. :hehe:
As your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 10:56 am
TheSQLGuru (2/12/2010)
MMREFW21099: fat table, no indexes, 72667 rows
CompanyID: column on that table with 48 rows with value '20067255'
with clean buffer cache I had 2 window...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 10:52 am
mar1jxm (2/12/2010)
I am not sure I understand why we are comparing UPDATE and SELECT INTO?
The UPDATE is DML and the general consensus is that DML can't be executed against the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 10:47 am
@sqlserver12345,
Any feedback on this? Did any of this work for you?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 6:30 am
Sergiy,
I guess I have a magic machine because I can't make it do the same locks you've shown. Which version, edition, and service pack of SQL Server are you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2010 at 6:14 am
I just ran a test using a large SELECT/INTO while running an UPDATE on the source table. Same effect as previously mentioned. The source table accepts DML... the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2010 at 11:00 pm
TheSQLGuru (2/11/2010)
3) [font="Arial Black"]that select [/font]will block ALL DML activity to [font="Arial Black"]the table [/font]while it is running, which could be a long time.
Kevin... a couple of questions on the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2010 at 8:41 pm
David.Poole (2/11/2010)
Basically a project team is given a fixed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2010 at 6:51 pm
george sibbald (2/11/2010)
Jeff Moden (2/10/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2010 at 6:49 pm
Heh... OK... got it. You write nice tight code all the time and I was just wondering if you saw something that I was missing.
To be sure, I always...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2010 at 12:01 pm
Sorry, Nabha. Your code certainly looks like it'll work just fine. Considering the data spec, I was just wondering why you went the extra mile with the correlated...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2010 at 6:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 39,811 through 39,825 (of 59,098 total)