Viewing 15 posts - 39,766 through 39,780 (of 59,098 total)
mohammed moinudheen (2/16/2010)
Is there anyway this could be avoided. Like if we can maintain an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 7:50 pm
Hamid-Sadeghian (2/16/2010)
for now, i create a temp table and insert all the vouchers into temp table. then select...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm
John Esraelo-498130 (2/16/2010)
if you want you can write in FarsEnglish and I can translate that for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 7:40 pm
John Esraelo-498130 (2/16/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 7:37 pm
LOOKUP_BI-756009 (2/16/2010)
Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Line 10
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'IF'.
DECLARE @minutes INT, @word VARCHAR(255),@hours INT,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 7:14 pm
I'm thinking that it will all boil down to the video card which is likely quite a bit cheaper on the server than on anything else. It takes time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 6:45 pm
I don't have an answer to your good question but you might also want to throw in a note about how many users are going to be hitting this server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 6:41 pm
It does sound like fun. Thanks for the feedback. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 6:34 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (2/10/2010)
Can we perhaps send the customers and OPs through DBCC TimeWarp instead? Move them to tomorrow, 2020?
Nah... make that 1920... don't have to look forward to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 5:54 pm
C# Screw (2/16/2010)
Thanks Jeffappologies for the delay...
When I get a moment I might try and build a function that fully supports the PATINDEX sytax.
I agree with Barry on this... a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Surya. I do recommend that you reconsider the form of your Periods table as I demonstrated. It will likely make your life a lot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 6:07 am
john-902052 (2/15/2010)
Not sure what you are talking about. I am using 2005 not 2008 SQL Server.
Hmmm... sorry about that, John. How did you get the INSERT/VALUES statement to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2010 at 6:03 am
I wouldn't check just one zip code at a time and I wouldn't split the 24 million row table up. Correctly written queries and joins in the presence of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2010 at 8:34 pm
You should pre-aggregate (thank you Peso) the data by month and status and dump it into a temp table. Then, even the worst performing running total method will work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm
Chris,
Both answers above are technically correct but if you want a coded answer, you'll need to change this...
Mea Webb t0022165 1 2010-02-15 00:00:00.000 0
Carlos Banuelos t0021988 1 2010-02-15 00:00:00.000 0
Vijay...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2010 at 7:17 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,766 through 39,780 (of 59,098 total)