Viewing 15 posts - 39,511 through 39,525 (of 59,098 total)
Garadin (3/5/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:29 pm
Good table and data post... but I don't have a clue as to what you want for columns 21 and 31. Care to explain a bit?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:23 pm
Sorry for my ignorance but where on Earth is "HB"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:19 pm
Heh... bad code. What are you doing that requires 4 to 8 seconds to run and how many rows are involved?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:16 pm
itskumar2004 (3/5/2010)
I don't know i need to look in google or some articles.
So what have you Googled for, so far?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:14 pm
J-F Bergeron (3/4/2010)
itskumar2004 (3/4/2010)
I have done it by creating cursors inside a cursor..i got it.
Damn, I felt Jeff almost got a Heart attack :w00t: Are you sure there is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:11 pm
I agree with what Gail said about indexes especially if the indexes have low cardinality where a lot of page and/or extent splits occur. Just that can make the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 8:08 pm
sammm (3/5/2010)
Never mind i framed the query myself. Thanks anyway
Two way street here. Please post the solution you came up with. Thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 7:50 pm
Grant Fritchey (3/3/2010)
I am not certified. Based on my current job, salary, experience level, and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 7:40 pm
The methods shown in the "CrossTabs" and "Dynamic Crosstabs" links of Lutz's signature line would probably be just what the doctor ordered for this problem.;-)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 6:50 pm
sturner (3/4/2010)
try this:Select* from mytable
WHERE functionDate > CONVERT(char(10),getdate(),101)
that assumes all times are 00:00:00
It also causes a costly implicit conversion. Use the method that Lutz posted instead.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 6:45 pm
J M-314995 (3/5/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 6:40 pm
Garadin (3/5/2010)
Debbie Edwards (3/5/2010)
Its quite exciting to find out about a new bit of SQL 😀Debbie
I'd agree with that completely. Had some fun playing with "GROUPING SETS" this morning...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 6:34 pm
chidev (3/4/2010)
The fields will be id - year - revenue - net income - income tax - earnings before tax - etc
If it's truely and only for historical lookups and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2010 at 5:55 am
Roust_m (3/3/2010)
I've posted it already: Post #876546
I saw that and didn't see the function being used in the code and figured it was an incomplete listing. I don't see...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2010 at 10:01 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,511 through 39,525 (of 59,098 total)