Viewing 15 posts - 38,656 through 38,670 (of 59,098 total)
Digs (5/2/2010)
Jeff you have seen the yahoo .csv link I posted in this thread.
I too...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 6:00 pm
pradeepmsbi (5/2/2010)
how to improve the query performance in sql server 2005
It depends... what do you know about SQL Server and T-SQL?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 5:40 pm
Since you have WHERE 1=1 in this code, that's a pretty good indication that this is embedded SQL and not a stored procedure. The code is pretty poorly written...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 5:27 pm
anshu84onnet (5/2/2010)
Hi i am new to new cursor...
As others have already stated, you should stay "new to new cursor". Unless you're studying for an exam on SQL Server, you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 4:33 pm
Depending on your needs, you can use replication for this or you can use a trigger. I will also state that unless the tables/DB's are on different servers or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 4:24 pm
You can simply change the size of the MODEL database and all new databases will be created according to the MODEL. That will certainly be a waste of space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm
Jeffrey Williams-493691 (5/2/2010)
WayneS (5/2/2010)
Digs (5/1/2010)
All works fine: And Fast !
I will keep your name on my list when I need to spend $$$ on my project .
Minutes have gone...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm
Heh... I have to say that no one can knock on you about getting back with a response fast enough. Thanks for the feedback, Digs.
I'll also say that most...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 10:41 pm
Ah... understood. Here's code to take your very long "parameter" and twist it into what I believe you really want for a final table... "we doan nid no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 10:31 pm
Matt Miller (#4) (5/1/2010)
As to len - I was just trying to make sure i didn't miss something.
Nope... you didn't miss a thing except for the short nap that I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 9:13 pm
I got something about the use of an illegal operand in a TOP clause when I used Lynn's code. And, I'm sorry, I don't have the time to troubleshoot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 9:01 pm
I created my own test table instead of waiting... here's the code (which you should have posted to begin with, thanks 😉 )...
DROP TABLE #MyHead;
GO
WITH
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 7:54 pm
uppal.kunal (5/1/2010)
I created a a nonclustered index on a table Which had just two...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm
Heh... my vote would be... do it all right the first time. 😛 Yeah, I know... not practical. But I can wish.
While I'm here... have any of you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 7:21 pm
Absolutely my bad. Not sure why i was thinking that LEN would be affected by those. What I was thinking of was how much space was wasted in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,656 through 38,670 (of 59,098 total)