Viewing 15 posts - 38,326 through 38,340 (of 59,098 total)
lmu92 (5/18/2010)
SELECT * FROM
(
SELECT 'Smith John' AS lastname UNION ALL
SELECT 'S#ith Jane' UNION ALL
SELECT '\ Jim' UNION ALL
SELECT 'Anderson Ken' UNION ALL
SELECT 'Smith-Barny Andre'''
) a
WHERE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 4:45 pm
Heh... great minds think alike, Lutz... your post wasn't there when I started typing my post. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 4:35 pm
Hmmmm... I'm thinking you could get a false count if the data looked like...
Re-Open
whatever
whatever
Re-Open
whatever
whatever
Ready For Build
I don't know if that could ever happen but I see nothing to prevent such...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 4:35 pm
MTY-1082557 (5/18/2010)
My end user is not our developers, are the users that manage the application. I'm thinking about the Express Edition. I never heard about the compact...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 4:21 pm
I actually did mean "Nice Try" as in "good job" and "almost right". It was meant to be a compliment because I've seen many posts that don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 4:14 pm
Rob Schripsema (5/18/2010)
I do not think ISDATE() is a good way to solve the problem OP has. Also, given the anomalies, I was wondering when would you use ISDATE() and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 3:58 pm
rjv_rnjn (5/18/2010)
Rob Schripsema (5/18/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 3:15 pm
sql.kishore1 (5/18/2010)
Rob Schripsemasolution Solves my ISSUE.
Rob's code is technically correct for what it was intended to do but you need to make real sure that you don't have entries...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 3:10 pm
Dobermann (5/18/2010)
On the Dose/Frequency thing... it shouldn't make a difference. If the code works on one it should work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 3:06 pm
Heh... maybe it is I who is going brain dead concerning changes in requirements but ...
Dobermann (5/17/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 7:39 am
Very cool. Thanks for the time to make a feedback. If you get the chance, post your code so folks can see what you've done with PIVOT.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 7:23 am
niteshrajgopal (5/18/2010)
Hi again, is there anyway I can add to your reputation or something on this forum:-)
Heh... not to worry. CC is building his reputation where it counts. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 18, 2010 at 5:38 am
:Whistling:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm
Sahasam (5/17/2010)
You are right jeff, But I had very few number of records(Around 3000). so i am using the functions.Sahasam...
Heh... you've hit a bit of a sore spot with me...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 9:16 pm
I'm not so sure there's a penalty if you use just the "Release Unused Space" in the "File" shrink. I don't believe there's any reorganization when that particular option...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 9:12 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,326 through 38,340 (of 59,098 total)