Viewing 15 posts - 37,876 through 37,890 (of 59,098 total)
gideon.kahl (6/29/2010)
WayneS (6/29/2010)Out of curiousity, did you use the first solution as it's written, or did you follow the recommendation to build your very own tally table with a clustered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2010 at 6:42 am
Heh... I finally beat Grant to the punch for a change. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2010 at 6:35 am
aravind-305595 (6/29/2010)
I have an existing code in sql server 2000, which after migrating to sql server 2008 the performance has become poor.
The query inside the code have a select statement...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 30, 2010 at 6:32 am
I don't use SSIS so I have no clue but let my post serve as a "bump" to someone who may. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 9:13 pm
Eugene Elutin (6/29/2010)
Hornestly, I believe that your question is not really for a forum discussion. It is too many factors which would determine the best solution for your company....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 9:10 pm
Duncan Pryde (6/29/2010)
Does anyone have any ideas what I should try looking at to get this working?
Yes... Google for "Parameter Sniffing" for the reason caused by multiple causes and repaired...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 9:01 pm
Michael Valentine Jones (6/29/2010)
Dan.Humphries (6/29/2010)
...I have never gotten the snarky type of responce that is so normally typical on other IT boards...
It's not all love and kisses around here; Check...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 8:57 pm
lmu92 (6/29/2010)
WayneS (6/28/2010)
lmu92 (6/28/2010)
The first person who "forced" me to do it actually...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 8:42 pm
lmu92 (6/29/2010)
torpkev (6/29/2010)
I was pretty close in what I had but wasn't quite there.. and the link on dynamic cross tab sounds pretty interesting -...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 8:28 pm
Dohsan (6/29/2010)
Having a read of this article should help you:
Actually, I have to admit, my really cool (or so I thought :blush: )method got the pants beat off it by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 8:22 pm
All good ideas, Wayne. Thanks for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 7:49 pm
ColdCoffee (6/28/2010)
homebrew01 (6/28/2010)
In the last code example, what does " SELECT CHAR(10)" and "FOR XML PATH('') " do in this case ?
CHAR(10) inserts a line-break in the output result
FOR XML...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 7:24 pm
WayneS (6/29/2010)
vince.chittenden (6/29/2010)
If the month function never returns a zero-length string (and it never will in this case, AFAICS), then why not '0' instead of '00'?
You are correct, this would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 7:09 pm
... and to be sure, I stand corrected. Thanks again for the link to Paul's article on the subject.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 7:02 pm
Dan.Humphries (6/29/2010)
... and I have never gotten the snarky type of responce that is so normally typical on other IT boards.
Ya know, I'm glad I'm not the only one that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 29, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,876 through 37,890 (of 59,098 total)