Viewing 15 posts - 36,886 through 36,900 (of 59,098 total)
PaulB-TheOneAndOnly (9/12/2010)
sporoy (9/12/2010)
create table #Table statements in it, because of...--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 9:09 pm
kenkob (9/12/2010)
After a little trouble I have got it working. When I attempted to use it as a SqlCe CommandText string surrounded by inverted commas, I was always...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 9:04 pm
Here's a start... my standard million row test table. There's a special column in the following that you should look for, as well. You'll recognize it. Should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 9:00 pm
I'm amazed... to split 10,000 rows with 10 random elements each, this XML method takes more than 14 seconds on my humble desktop. A While Loop driven function only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 5:41 pm
Carefull folks... ISDATE isn't all that you believe it is...
SELECT ISDATE('2010'), CAST('2010' AS DATETIME),
ISDATE('201006'), CAST('201006' AS DATETIME),
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (8/12/2009)
You'd be better off doing this in Powershell or VBScript and calling the script from T-SQL if you need to.
I know it's an old post but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 2:00 pm
Specially I learned in tuning a few things:
We should be careful about creating temporary tables, dynamic SQL and joining. Those things are the gold mine for the tuners as eliminating...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2010 at 8:48 am
CirquedeSQLeil (9/10/2010)
Alvin Ramard (9/10/2010)
Jeff Moden (9/10/2010)
..... Perfect for the game we all call "life". 😛
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:53 pm
hirro (9/10/2010)
Looking through the plan I see that there is a difference in how SQL is generating the query plan for the same query...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:52 pm
WayneS (9/10/2010)
Jeff Moden (9/10/2010)
mtillman-921105 (9/10/2010)
The Dixie Flatline (9/10/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:31 pm
kenkob (9/10/2010)
Jeff,Just entering SELECT YEAR(GETDATE()) give the error Function is not recognized by SQL Server Compact Edition of Function [Year]
Running DATEPART returned 2010
Then doing a little substitution in my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:25 pm
How ironic... Lynn is in pretty much the same postion at his job right now.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:21 pm
hirro (9/10/2010)
SQL set to use 84 GB max memory
6 seconds for the query
SQL set to use 92 GB max memory
30 seconds for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:14 pm
hirro (9/10/2010)
(Physical RAM Config) SQL Allocation - Time it took
(6x8GB) 48GB allocated to SQL - Query takes 6 seconds
(12x8GB) 84 GB allocated to SQL – Query...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 7:05 pm
stewartc-708166 (9/10/2010)
Jeff Moden (9/10/2010)
Of course, I could be dead wrong. 😉
I recently had the "pleasure" of troubleshooting why a UAT SQL server regularly stopped working, with error "Insufficient disk space".
SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2010 at 6:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 36,886 through 36,900 (of 59,098 total)