Viewing 15 posts - 36,856 through 36,870 (of 59,098 total)
Alvin Ramard (9/13/2010)
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those who don't."
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 14, 2010 at 6:36 am
Dave Ballantyne (9/13/2010)
---- EDIT bum steer
Heh... "Mad cow"? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 11:23 pm
TheSQLGuru (9/13/2010)
Can I ask why everyone is putting their code inside a UDF? Can't the code just be inlined as necessary?
Actually, the testing I'm doing works against both methods...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Brad Schulz (9/13/2010)
Just wanted to quickly respond... I've been busy all day (mostly writing my T-SQL Tuesday Blog Post).
Regarding the plethora of CROSS APPLYs in my code for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 11:16 pm
sporoy (9/13/2010)
What I'm trying to figure out is if the blocking unavoidable in these circumtances? Should I contact with SCOM support? This does not look as SQL's fault..
It's not SCOM's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm
Heh... since Steve shut it down (probably a very good thing), I guess I'm a "bit" too late to make any further suggestions. I do have to admit I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 10:25 pm
GilaMonster (9/13/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 10:13 pm
d_s_man (9/13/2010)
From what I can see these are real partitions. There is a file for each partition with partition function and range defined.
As...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 12:14 pm
Eric Russell 13013 (9/13/2010)
Jeff Moden (9/12/2010)
4. Code - This is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 12:06 pm
I absolutely agree with the above. You should just about never include a temp table in a transaction especially (but not limited to) the creation of a temp table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 12:01 pm
Lennie (9/12/2010)
I have found the solution to my non Stored Procedure or TRansactSQL SQL String. It working now on the VBNET2008 Form and it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 11:43 am
Yep... I was getting similar results (didn't want to post my results because I didn't want to "taint" people's opinions).
This is why I say I'm looking for a much better...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 6:45 am
Yep... understood especially on the plan. And thanks for the code. I'll go though it tonight.
I did make an entry on Brad's forum that there might be something...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 6:38 am
I need to ask just because you're "new" to SQL. Are you 100% sure that you're using at least SQL Server 2005?
And, yeah... I agree. Wayne does an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 4:56 am
Dave Ballantyne (9/13/2010)
Brad Schulz has done a nice round uphttp://bradsruminations.blogspot.com/2010/08/integer-list-splitting-sql-fable.html
I'll have to revisit that one sometime in the near future because a proper Tally table solution is between 5 and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2010 at 4:36 am
Viewing 15 posts - 36,856 through 36,870 (of 59,098 total)