Viewing 15 posts - 3,526 through 3,540 (of 59,098 total)
p,s. And, yes... I understand what you're trying to do and maybe even why. I just need for you to answer my question about the ChemicalID nulls/non-nulls above.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2022 at 6:18 pm
Does the ChemicalHash table ONLY contain rows where the ChemicalID is NULL or does it have rows where the ChemicalID is not null?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2022 at 6:10 pm
This could be pretty easy but, I have to ask, why are you basing your reporting periods on 365*24/12 - 730 hours = 43,800 minutes = 30.4 days? All that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Heh... I was wondering what you used for a base date in your example. 😀
Totally agreed on the rest. My current issue is that the increments are clicking by way...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 14, 2022 at 9:25 pm
You were attacking a straw man. I never made anything close to the claim you said I did.
Actually, you did...
Actually, the development team should have nothing to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 14, 2022 at 8:02 pm
You were attacking a straw man. I never made anything close to the claim you said I did.
Actually, you did...
Actually, the development team should have nothing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 14, 2022 at 8:01 pm
You were attacking a straw man. I never made anything close to the claim you said I did./quote]
Actually, you did...
Actually, the development team should have nothing to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 14, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Those would work although those particular dates are a wee bit into the future assuming those are the little-endian count of days since the first of January 1900. One of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 14, 2022 at 7:37 pm
an aside: Azure Synapse cannot do recursive CTEs (or heirarchyid...), if you happen to be working in that realm.
I settled for a few layers of nested CTEs down to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 14, 2022 at 3:55 am
The "base date" for SQL Server for temporal datatypes is 01 Jan 1900 and it has a "Date Serial#" of "0". All other dates are based on the number of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2022 at 11:28 pm
A calendar table is great for that. But if you want to derive it dynamically, and you're always executing on the day following the end of the date range:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2022 at 10:39 pm
What would be interesting is to see if the stored procedure actually uses the end date correctly or if you going to miss all but the firs 3.3 milliseconds of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Actually, the development team should have nothing to do with how the data in the db is physically stored. That's the DBA's job. (Sorry, just had...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2022 at 10:06 pm
I am trying to get the lowest cost for a part and the highest cost for a part. along with the dates that they occurred. I almost have what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2022 at 7:49 pm
..
Lordy... It would have been RIEALLY nice if you left the original question here so that others no what the final recommendation was about.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,526 through 3,540 (of 59,098 total)