Viewing 15 posts - 21,871 through 21,885 (of 59,098 total)
sqldriver (1/16/2015)
Well, it looks like jokers and deuces are wild here.
Heh... nah. King with the axe and one-eyed jacks. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Lynn Pettis (1/16/2015)
Sometimes trying to get answers from people is like pulling chicken teeth.
Heh... do like I do. I avoid the barnyard if I can. I don't try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 5:43 pm
To be sure, the point I'm trying to make is that this error happens for a reason. You say there are a lot of columns in this table... are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 5:01 pm
venkyzrocks (1/16/2015)
Hi,Here's the issue I'm having.
1. the bcp output doesn't include headers
So, make some using a separate SELECT UNION ALL
2. the sql is too long to be included in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/16/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/16/2015)
sqldriver (1/16/2015)
You guessed right on the seconds 🙂
"Lawyers" and their "billable hours"; we should all be so lucky.
Oh my word! That's bloody well insane. :hehe:...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 1:23 pm
halifaxdal (1/16/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/16/2015)
halifaxdal (1/16/2015)
no way i know of to ignore errors, you have to explicitly use LEFT functions in the SELECT or something to work around this issue.
based on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 11:42 am
halifaxdal (1/16/2015)
no way i know of to ignore errors, you have to explicitly use LEFT functions in the SELECT or something to work around this issue.
based on your table, only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 10:04 am
T.Ashish (1/16/2015)
We compulsorily use NOLOCK in our scripts on reporting DB and development generally forget putting NOLOCKS or schema names with tables.
Can anybody guide me in creating a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 9:51 am
Samuel Vella (1/16/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/15/2015)
No problem. Thank you very much for your efforts.
I have to admit that when it comes to SSIS, I get totally lost because I don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 9:47 am
Lempster (1/16/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/15/2015)
I've attached a spreadsheet (Sample Spreadsheet...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 9:35 am
Samuel Vella (1/16/2015)
On the subject of T-SQL vs SSIS
SSIS shines when you have a lot of data outside of a database which needs manipulation before you load it into tables....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 9:30 am
halifaxdal (1/16/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 9:06 am
sqldriver (1/16/2015)
You guessed right on the seconds 🙂
"Lawyers" and their "billable hours"; we should all be so lucky.
Oh my word! That's bloody well insane. :hehe: Do they track...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 9:03 am
TSQL Tryer (1/15/2015)
2013-05-10 08:15:24.000
I want it to just return - 2013-05-10 00:00:00.000, so the time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 8:48 am
Heh... Microsoft knows how boring IT jobs can be and they try to keep things exciting. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2015 at 8:46 am
Viewing 15 posts - 21,871 through 21,885 (of 59,098 total)