Viewing 15 posts - 21,496 through 21,510 (of 59,098 total)
Actually, none of the answers are correct. Even if you take the correct action according to the answers provided, it is possible that the proc won't auto run on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 6:16 pm
s*1918 (2/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 4:10 pm
CELKO (2/20/2015)
I'm guessing he'll push that functionality out to the app server!
There's certainly a good argument that that is where the logic should be.
Here is the formula for a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 4:01 pm
farax_x (2/21/2015)
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[News_News](
[NewsId] [int] NOT NULL,
[Url] [nvarchar](4000) NOT NULL,
[Title] [nvarchar](4000) NOT NULL,
[Description] [nvarchar](4000) NULL,
[CreationDate] [datetime] NOT NULL,
[AgencyId] [int] NOT NULL,
[SCode] [varchar](6) NULL,
CONSTRAINT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 12:48 pm
sm_iransoftware (2/20/2015)
Then now I have These records :
InfoDate ---- SizeMB ---- TableName
D1 ----------- 100 --------T1
D1 ----------- 250 --------T2...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 9:20 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (2/21/2015)
Jeff Moden (2/21/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 8:08 am
I guess my point is that while there is the difference in Nullability, an NC-PK isn't really going to have any I/O advantage over a Unique NCI as the user...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2015 at 7:26 am
In case anyone is interested, I've corrected the previously faulty code as follows. I also tried to make it a little bit more readable.
SELECT a, b, stuff(
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 7:45 pm
gautham.gn (10/15/2014)
This is how I achieved the result.
select a,b, stuff(
(select ', '+level1 from
(select a,b,c+'('+
stuff((select ', '+d from example with (nolock)
where a = x.a and b = x.b and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 7:09 pm
kevaburg (2/15/2015)
Can anyone help? I am losing more hair with each execution..... 🙂Regards
Kev
I think Jim hit the nail on the head above.
Shifting gears a bit, is there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 6:44 pm
Jim Mackenzie (2/20/2015)
However I can't help but think this would be better handled in Powershell?
Do you happen to have a working example of such a thing? I'd love to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 6:41 pm
hurr1k4ne (2/20/2015)
why not let the app that's using the data warehouse do the unzipping on demand
Ah, okay got ya! That a good point on storage...
Because it is a data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (2/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Tara-1044200 (2/20/2015)
table partitioned by month
Understood that from your original post. There are two types of partitioning in SQL Server. One is known as "partitioned views", which works...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 11:54 am
Tara-1044200 (2/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2015 at 10:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 21,496 through 21,510 (of 59,098 total)