Viewing 15 posts - 21,406 through 21,420 (of 59,098 total)
I'll never understand why people audit the INSERTED table, ever. It's a gross duplication of data.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 2:09 pm
Note that BCP can generate files with the .xlsx extension, but they'll still just be text files. BCP cannot generate a true spreadsheet file... period. At best, this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 1:46 pm
iqbalbutt (3/2/2015)
Rename constraints, indexes, and table
Create table
Create clustered index using Partition Scheme
Create constraints
Back fill data from renamed table
Create non clustered indexes
Verify row counts
Drop...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 12:23 pm
iqbalbutt (3/2/2015)
Is it a good practice to ask your manager for downtime before implementing partition?
You should keep this question with the questions you asked about downtime on partitioning where I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 12:21 pm
sqldriver (3/2/2015)
This is a great day! I get to tell people I'm as good at something in SQL as Jeff Moden, even if it is SSIS. 😀
😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 9:33 am
sql-lover (3/2/2015)
iqbalbutt (3/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Lynn Pettis (3/1/2015)
I am HOME!I had a nice dinner at Kassondra's house. I'm sorry, nothing beats good home cooking!
Yeeee-haaaa!!!! The disturbance in the force has been resolved! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 9:00 am
helal.mobasher 13209 (3/1/2015)
Jeff,Thank you very much for your help. Just curious to know how to make it as dynamic SQL?
Helal
Luis' code (above) will do the dynamic thing for you.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2015 at 8:56 am
cs_source (2/28/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 9:40 pm
iqbalbutt (3/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 9:35 pm
GrassHopper (3/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 9:32 pm
This does it and could be fairly easily converted to dynamic SQL if you needed it to be.
SELECT t1.ID, t1.Name, ca.YrMnth, ca.Enrollment
FROM #Table1 t1
CROSS...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 9:13 pm
vsamantha35 (2/28/2015)
How to troubleshoot blocking if u r seeing multiple blocking chains? Do I need to kill all the head blockers?
What is the best approach to deal with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 5:11 pm
sql-lover (3/1/2015)
But in my experience , import and export wizard is as fast as bcp. Like I said, I've copied billion records this way and tested with bcp and it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Michael L John (3/1/2015)
Of course, assuming you have a LinkedServer already in place.
You do not need to have a linked server to use the import / export wizard.
And, for a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,406 through 21,420 (of 59,098 total)