Viewing 15 posts - 21,286 through 21,300 (of 59,098 total)
Awesome. I love helping but when someone that we've helped get's a great wow-factor on top of it all, that makes my day, as well. Thanks again for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 6:43 pm
thomashohner (3/14/2015)
I ran both convert codes and on my limited test data (1,000 rows) they were both uber fast. Not even a 1...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 6:19 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (3/14/2015)
With the integer you will have to reverse the byte order, here is a quick example😎
DECLARE @COLOURINT INT = 14745599;SELECT CHAR(35) + CONVERT(VARCHAR(6),SUBSTRING(CONVERT(BINARY(3),@COLOURINT,1),3,1) + SUBSTRING(CONVERT(BINARY(3),@COLOURINT,1),2,1) + SUBSTRING(CONVERT(BINARY(3),@COLOURINT,1),1,1),2)
Result
#FFFFE0
I make...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 4:44 pm
thomashohner (3/14/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Huh... It's been a long time since I've played with hex in SQL Server. I believe I may have an even better and faster way than what I posted....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm
This will really make it so you don't want to use the scalar function you posted. The sys.fn_varbintohexstr function calls yet another scalar function called sys.fn_varbintohexsubstring and it not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 12:58 pm
thomashohner (3/14/2015)
Yes sir,Did I say it wrong on what data type it should be?
Oh no... You did fine. It's just that I can't even spell "SSRS" and, although...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 12:44 pm
thomashohner (3/14/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 12:08 pm
Ed Wagner (3/13/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:57 am
SQLAssAS (3/12/2015)
In SQL 2005 if i was trying to insert some data with a text qualifier inside a text qualified field, it would work, for example:
"Name","ID ","Location","","Comany",""House Name" Road",
In SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:54 am
nickwelhar (3/14/2015)
More XML Parser examples...Nick
Thanks for that (and I'm serious. Thank you very much!). I'm not a C# programmer but, as a DBA, I've always wanted to know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:43 am
mtelena22 (3/14/2015)
I badly need your help, please. I have an SQL Server 2014 professional and Visual Studio 2012 installed. When I'm trying to process a cube it's an error...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:34 am
What are the initial size and growth settings for the DB and the related log file?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:28 am
+ 1 Billion, Grant.
What's really disconcerting is when I see the same people posting the nearly identical questions. "Trying it" is one of the best ways to learn... and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:21 am
surajghag123 (3/14/2015)
Can somebody help me or advice me on how to prepare for sql server dba interviews, i am currently working in [font="Arial Black"]support profile [/font]and preparing myself for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2015 at 11:13 am
Viewing 15 posts - 21,286 through 21,300 (of 59,098 total)