Viewing 15 posts - 21,016 through 21,030 (of 59,098 total)
John Hick-456673 (4/18/2015)
spaghettidba (4/18/2015)
John Hick-456673 (4/17/2015)
spaghettidba (4/17/2015)
craig 81366 (4/18/2013)
John Hick-456673 (4/18/2013)
I have tested it against large tables (1 billion plus rows) and performance is much better than with dynamic SQL.
I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2015 at 10:59 am
I'll save all of you a bit of trouble. Here's my "standard" million row hammer for things like this. I'll let you determine what the indexing should be....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2015 at 10:33 am
SQLRNNR (4/19/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (4/19/2015)
Grant Fritchey (4/19/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (4/19/2015)
spaghettidba (4/19/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2015 at 10:18 am
There's a real easy way to settle all of this, folks. All of you know how to generate a very large table of constrained random data very quickly using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2015 at 10:16 am
acrutchley (4/16/2015)
I did try the ISO_WEEK option but I was still getting overlaps with the months.... which caused duplicate week number entries because I was grouping by the month...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2015 at 9:59 am
I think that the points that Phil and Eirikur have brought up are really good ones.
To amplify, yes, it is possible and really not so difficult to have something auto-magically...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 19, 2015 at 9:50 am
Oddly enough, it also means that they'll stop breaking things in 2005. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2015 at 12:28 pm
Have you ever used SSIS before to automatically import multiple identical files of a known structure?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2015 at 12:23 pm
I read Rob's article when it first came out. What a refreshing change it was from the dogma that I've been reading about for the previous several years before...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2015 at 12:19 pm
For the programming side (T-SQL), just about any book by Itzik Ben-Gan is a very worthwhile investment. Grant Fritchey's books on Execution Plans are an absolute must have when...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2015 at 12:07 pm
Ok, then just a suggestion to make your life easier especially since you're not recording the commands that get executed anywhere and you're not taking advantage of the safety of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2015 at 7:54 am
manub22 (4/16/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2015 at 12:22 am
You're welcome but you still haven't answered my question. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2015 at 12:20 am
Nah. A cursor here is just fine. It's what they were meant to do. You could improve it a bit by turning it into a firehose cursor,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2015 at 10:14 pm
No...MUCH worse!
xp_CmdShell --> PowerShell --> WMI --> Return through OUTPUT of xp_CmdShell to table via persisted computed columns --> XML --> HTML --> SP_SendDBMail. 😀 I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,016 through 21,030 (of 59,098 total)