Viewing 15 posts - 20,776 through 20,790 (of 59,098 total)
Eric M Russell (5/13/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 13, 2015 at 7:28 am
Just to summarize the steps using partitioned tables that I imagine we'd do on your system, Ken, is...
1. Setup a database on the "extra storage".
2. Create the partitioned table with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 13, 2015 at 7:20 am
Please see the attached zip file for what can be done. The Power Point presentation is well worth watching in the presentation mode, especially when you get to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 10:48 pm
Heh... thanks for the feedback, Bertrand.
Now, if you haven't seen the following, make sure that you don't have your mouth full of your favorite beverage and imagine the negotiations between...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 8:51 pm
GPO (5/12/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 7:17 pm
There is a way to seemingly sort formatted month and year combinations. Please see the following article and apply your favorite format.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/71511/
I second what the others have stated, though....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 6:36 pm
David.Poole (5/12/2015)
What are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm
Gary Varga (5/12/2015)
...and then go to the pub 🙂
Heh... that's the ultimate in "open minds" for me because just about ANY pub will do! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 6:09 pm
I love it. A newbie to the forum with just 7 points and already posting million row test tables.
Welcome aboard, Jason!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm
xsevensinzx (5/12/2015)
Jeff Moden (5/12/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 2:52 pm
j-1064772 (5/12/2015)
I have been trying to complete the function so that it would return as separate "words" the characters between each delimiter...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 11:13 am
Ken Davis (5/12/2015)
We can assume I will have more space on separate LUNs. FYI a few months ago I estimated the need for 2.5TB of space to keep us...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 11:08 am
Just so that no one thinks I'm a Luddite, I absolutely believe in new and better technology. For example, ROW_NUMBER and the other ranking functions are one of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 8:05 am
Gary Varga (5/12/2015)
Don't worry Jeff. I didn't take it personally. BTW who is this Maj Orrant??? 😛
Heh... he's the voice in my head that I normally talk to so that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 7:51 am
Bill Talada (5/12/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2015 at 7:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,776 through 20,790 (of 59,098 total)