Viewing 15 posts - 20,716 through 20,730 (of 59,098 total)
afw (5/15/2015)
Aah, makes sense. But boy was I getting that wrong...Thank you once again 🙂 🙂
My Dad has a saying about such things.
"Half of what is written is true....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Lynn Pettis (5/15/2015)
Sometimes using a function does NOT mean the comparision becomes nonSARGable.
While that may be true, I'll avoid it whenever possible.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:54 pm
Jason A. Long (5/15/2015)
Just tetested with this...
DECLARE
@BegDate DATE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Jason A. Long (5/15/2015)
ScottPletcher (5/15/2015)
Never use BETWEEN on dates or datetimes;
Out of curiosity, why do you say this?
I could see it it you were talking about DATETIME data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:45 pm
sandhyarao49 (4/10/2008)
1. how do we troubleshoot a datbase if it is in suspect mode.What is the reason for a database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm
Why are you switched partitions out to rebuild indexes? You do realize you can rebuild indexes on single partitions, correct?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Minaz Amin (5/15/2015)
I have very weird issue. I have same query but when executed from different server use different plan. when it runs on QA box it is faster...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:21 pm
GilaMonster (5/15/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:19 pm
dick.vanderweed (5/15/2015)
I am teaching myself MS SQL Server 2008 for work purposes. I have a background in programming but not DB Administration. I am done with youtube tutorials...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:13 pm
shivakumar.623 (5/14/2015)
My database was crashed then How to identified in particular server particular database was crashed
Let's start from the beginning. What are the indications or error messages that you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 9:11 pm
Take your pick... either "NO" or "With great difficulty". You should see just the ERD's for some of the procs we write. And considering that there are many...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 8:58 pm
There's absolutely no sense in arguing with people that obviously know it all. The "developer" that retorted "Prove it" is absolutely spot on whether I agree with his use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Thanks for the encouragement, Phil, but I'd rather stick to the technical articles and let the code do the talking. It's also much more fun to follow your very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 8:18 pm
I don't have an example at hand but I've seen the same sorts of problems with DECIMAL, as well.
As for FLOAT being inaccurate, try dividing 1 by 3 using decimal...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Oddly enough, I've seen the "query builder" generate such code a whole lot in my early days and it worked just fine. There are places where it doesn't work....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 15, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,716 through 20,730 (of 59,098 total)