Viewing 15 posts - 20,431 through 20,445 (of 59,098 total)
David Burrows (6/10/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/9/2015)
Is the number of columns in the final output a given or do we have to have the code figure that out?
Shouldn't that be max number...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2015 at 7:22 am
ericpap (6/8/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2015 at 12:45 am
I know it doesn't help except that misery loves company. I've never seen a new revision of SQL Server where there weren't some horrible slowdowns even if you did...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2015 at 12:41 am
I have to ask the question, please. Why is there a need to replicate a table to the same database? What is the reason?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2015 at 12:38 am
ramya.sqlservr (6/9/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/9/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 11:35 pm
BTW, if anyone wants some official MS documentation on the subject, please see the following article.
FIX: SELECT INTO Locking Behavior
Also notice the line where it says that this isn't a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 11:32 pm
PatrickSimons (6/9/2015)
I agree 100%. Especially when you SELECT INTO inside a transaction to a temporary table (##) = worst case....
What problems have you had there? Or are you citing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Thordog (6/9/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 10:26 pm
It depends on a couple of things but, generally speaking and considering the size of today's databases, auto incrementing by 1MB is a horrible thing to do especially with the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 10:17 pm
I have to say that this is one of the weirdest set of answers I've ever seen. This is the reason why I don't take certification tests. 😛
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 10:12 pm
Despite the whacko delimiters, importing this will be a breeze (looks like the ol' AT&T junk I used to have to load from tape). You just can't use (IIRC)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/9/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/4/2015)
Have any of you ever used a CTP of SQL Server to power your real production databases? Personally, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 9:47 pm
jasona.work (6/9/2015)
Jeff: Yes, I'm currently up in Clinton Township.
As for the commute, Toledo would be a last-ditch resort, unless the telecommute option was on the table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 9:38 pm
TomThomson (6/9/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/9/2015)
Eric M Russell (6/9/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/8/2015)
I also won't work for a company that does intelligence or personality testing. Again, it has been a powerful indicator to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 9:36 pm
madan.preeti2005 (6/9/2015)
Oh yes i forgot to mention that, once data is populated, indexes will be recreated. Do you think that will tune query to some extent?
Do you know how to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2015 at 4:32 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,431 through 20,445 (of 59,098 total)