Viewing 15 posts - 20,251 through 20,265 (of 59,098 total)
craig.g.smith (6/24/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 11:46 am
Dohsan (6/24/2015)
Execution plan puts #2 at a higher cost of the batch
Just a bit of a sidebar here. The execution plan is a wonderful research tool for improving...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 9:54 am
Ok and agreed. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 9:47 am
roblew 15918 (6/24/2015)
Thanks Phil,Don't suppose you know if you can get this free if you are an MCP?
If you look around, it only costs $44USD. We've all bought books...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 9:18 am
To be honest, having Developers physically walk through the papers in the box example is annoying at best and, at worst, demeaning and will earn you a whole lot of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 9:12 am
Minaz Amin (6/23/2015)
I have a function with multiple if ( condition) which is CPU intensive. How could I avoid this.
CREATE FUNCTION prici.[fn_pricipalamt]
(
-- Add the parameters for the function...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 8:54 am
I have to ask... why are you using SQLCMD for this task? A simple stored procedure is able to do these types of restores no problem (I have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 8:42 am
Alvin Ramard (6/24/2015)
Deprecated? Why didn't I know that? Oh yes. I'm stuck on older versions of SQL Server.
Ah... hang on a minute while I get the egg off my face.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 8:13 am
DaveK2014 (6/24/2015)
Thanks Jeff I have tried both an inner and a left. The left seems to speed it up a bit.
Like I said previously, because of the WHERE NOT IN,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 7:43 am
Again...
1. With the understanding that the word "Archive" means "back it up and drop it from the database" to me, start off by taking a backup that you'll save to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 7:41 am
TheComedian (6/24/2015)
Labour shortage is a myth. Offer a very good salary (I'm talking 6 figures) and then you'll see how many great applicants you'll get.
With the interviews that I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 24, 2015 at 7:07 am
Heh... I can't wait until something corrupts and he needs to do a restore. 😉 Since it's his money, you know that'll be your fault. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Alvin Ramard (6/23/2015)
Meatloaf (6/23/2015)
I have created a phone list and am using a union to be able to display letter category. However, what I would like to do is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Meatloaf (6/23/2015)
Any help is appreciated.
Yep. I agree. Please see the link titled "How to post code problems" in my signature line below. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 9:13 pm
Thanks for taking a shot at posting readily consumable data. Unfortunately, you're missing the INSERT and the test data is actually in a different order than the table. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,251 through 20,265 (of 59,098 total)